It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Sharp Neck Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
    DJC67
    (female)

DJC67 HB User
    Unhappy Sharp Neck Pain

recently diagnose with Hashi after blood work for calcified nodule (1in.) on thyroid. Having a FNA schelude for end of June. Not taking any thyroid medications. Tonight got sharp pain near nodule on left side, lasted about 30 seconds. Sure got my attention and also made me scared. Is this typical or should I call Dr. Just have mild discomfort now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: Sharp Neck Pain

Are you sure it's 1 inch? Or 1 cm? It's probably 1cm, 1 inch would be quite large. Depending upon where the nodule is, it can cause pain. Try some advil/motrin and see if that helps while you wait.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
    DJC67
    (female)

DJC67 HB User

It is a 1 inch nodule so you are right it is large. It's on the left side. I did call dr today he was not in but will be in tomorrow. He will call me then. This all is just very nerve racking, but it's nice to come to this board and express my concerns. Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
    Paseo
    (male)

Paseo HB User

They weren't able to find a nodule on my thyroid, but I get sharp pains in my thyroid area. Especially on the left side that can shoot up to my ear. I think it is all part of the disease. I was diagnosed with some form of autoimmune thyroid disease (presumably Hashi's) even though I don't have antibodies. It runs rampant on my mom's side of the family and I have a TSH of 5.91 even on my thyroid meds (still trying to get optimized).

The good news is after I started the thyroid meds the neck pain decreased and was even gone for a few weeks when I felt me best. Since then my TSH has increased and my symptoms are slowly returning (as well as the neck pain).

Does the doc plan on starting you on meds?

Old 06-13-2010, 02:35 AM   #5
    DJC67
    (female)

DJC67 HB User

Not yet I think he is waiting till he does FNA his office called yesterday they feel pain is due to nodule I'll see doctor when I have FNA after reading this board I now know what question to ask I just found out about my thyroid problem so I'm a newbie but I'm learning thanks

Last edited by DJC67; 06-14-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Closed Thread