It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• New dosage of Levothyroxine is giving me the shakes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
    Halley888
    (female)

Halley888 HB User
    New dosage of Levothyroxine is giving me the shakes

My last TSH was 5.07, so my ENDO increased dosage of levothyroxine from 88mcg. to 100 mcg. I've been on the new dosage for over a month and I'm still getting the shakes, dizziness, and heart palpitations. My hands shake so bad, I can't put my key in the car door. It lasts all day, even after I eat. I've had some bloodwork, and my glucose is normal. Nothing unusual in my labs.

I'm ready to go back to the 88 mcg. I've been on them a long, long time and am use to them. I'm very sensitive to medication.

How long does it take to adjust to increased dosage? I'm also dizzy. I feel like I have Parkinsons. It's scarey.

Has anyone else had the shakes, dizziness, heart palpitations with increased dosage? Also, My blood pressure is usually 120/82 and now it's 154. I don't feel well when my blood pressure is that high.

Please, I can use the help. I feel horrible.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
    Re: New dosage of Levothyroxine is giving me the shakes

oh yeah.....that just happened to me recently but had been my increase about 2 weeks...I was having anxiety too. I called the Dr. and she called me in a lower dose. I just skipped a dosage one day and immediate knew what it was and took it the next day and the symptoms came back. Its wild how a small dosage will make you feel that way. Call the dr. asap.

CJ

Closed Thread