It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Just ran out of Cytomel before I will be able to have my lab work done again

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
    tinapower
    (female)

tinapower HB User
    Just ran out of Cytomel before I will be able to have my lab work done again

Help! I ran out of my Cytomel about 4 days ago. I will not be able to have my lab work done again till next week. The Dr. is requiring this before he will prescribe again in case the dosage needs to be changed. Since I ran out I have been very tired and sleepy. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with stopping Cytomel to see if they too experienced any adverse affects after stopping Cytomel.

I will really like to get feedback as to maybe me running out of Cytomel may be contributing to me feeling this way.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
    lillybloom
    (female)

lillybloom HB User
    Re: Just ran out of Cytomel before I will be able to have my lab work done again

I just started Cytomel almost 2 weeks ago and I noticed that I have more energy than I have had in a long time. I would think I would feel tired again if I stopped taking it too. What dose were you taking? Is it ok to just stop taking Cytomel? I know you ran out of yours but I have been cautioned against just stopping most thyroid meds "cold turkey". I was told to wean off of them slowly as it can be a shock to the system to stop all at once.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
    Re: Just ran out of Cytomel before I will be able to have my lab work done again

Since you stopped the med already your labs won't be accurate next week (and your dose really can't be adjusted accurately based on them). Cytomel has a short half life so it will be gone in a short time and you're bound to have symptoms soon.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 09-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
    tinapower (09-17-2011)
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
    tinapower
    (female)

tinapower HB User

Hi,

I am taking Synthyroid 0.175 mg and Cytomel 25 mcg. I know since I ran out of Cytomel, I feel terrible. I called my doctor on Friday and he said I should start taking it again. I said I can't I ran out. I called a week and a half earlier to see if I will need to have more lab tests, however he had decided to take the week off. I highly recommend getting follow up information upfront and asking for lab tests order ahead of time.

I had no idea not taking Cytomel could end up in feeling terrible. I must admit I felt the best I have ever felt when I started taking it due to a low Free T3 level.

I will never again run out again. The lack of Cytomel was almost as the low T4 level, which I spent the whole summer recovering for.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Hope you get your med back ASAP as you clearly need it

Closed Thread