It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Im 21 and I have Hypothyroidism.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
    ChrisBeezee
    (female)

ChrisBeezee HB User
    Im 21 and I have Hypothyroidism.

I feel frustrated because no one i know can identify with the problems im having. I feel like i have done something wrong or unhealthy to become hypothyroid. I have been on levothyroxine for two-weeks now and i feel so much better. I'm experiencing

-more energy
    -clear mind
    -much more positive mood

Basically i didn't even realize how ****** i felt until i started to feel good again.

But i am still experiencing hair loss, and recently my joints have begun to ache and as a runner this has never happened to me before and i think its a a side effect of the medication.

What can i expect in the months/years to come from this disorder?
    Any other young people out there with hypothyroidism?

I started taking wellbutrin around the same time i started taking thyroid meds. it leaves me wondering is it the wellbutrin or the thyroid meds that are making me feel good?

I also feel better when i dont eat gluten products especially breads? Im thinking I may be celiac?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
    sammy64
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User
    Re: Im 21 and I have Hypothyroidism.

Welcome!

There are no side effects to thyroid meds. The things we experience occur as a result of too-low, too-high or moving thyroid hormone levels.

The return of symptoms or the development of new ones is a sign that you need a dose adjustment. This is how things go when titrating up on our meds dose.

Anti-depressants do interfere with thyroid meds so, I hope you're taking your welbutrin at least 4 hours away from your thyroid meds.

Some people dealing with hypothyroidism also have gluten sensitivity.

And, you can look forward to feeling good while dealing with hypothyroidism if you get regular labs and work with your doctor to optimize your levels.

Last edited by sammy64; 12-06-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Closed Thread