It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Any ideas is this all my thyroid ?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
vely2101
(male)

vely2101 HB User
Any ideas is this all my thyroid ?

Hi
im a 35 year old male and have had an underactive thyroid and hashimotos for many years. i had lots of trouble getting the right meds but now my tsh is under control but for the last 2 years ive been getting a sudden onset of symptoms which are my chest burns hurts in the right centre and my right tonsil sticks out to the point that it feels like could swallow it also my eyes become very gritty and dry and major fatigue like i could just sleep instantly. sometimes there is some dizziness and ive been getting one nostril become blocked and a bit short of breath but it just feels like its all on the right side.
any ideas anyone ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
sammy64
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User
Re: Any ideas is this all my thyroid ?

Welcome!

Sorry for the reason you're here but, glad you found us.

If your doctor has only been checking pituitary hormone TSH all along, there's a good chance your actual thyroid hormone levels haven't been optimized for your body's needs.

The only way to know if your symptoms are possibly being caused by your thyroid would be to take a good, hard look at your labs.

"Thyroid for Dummies" confirms that the FreeT4 and FreeT3 tests are the best tests for thyroid function.

Have you ever had those levels checked?

If yes, please post the results here (with ranges since they vary) and we'll show you how to interpret them.

If you haven't had those levels checked, I suggest you ask your doctor to do so as soon as possible.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
thefourthmairi
(female)

thefourthmairi HB Userthefourthmairi HB User
Re: Any ideas is this all my thyroid ?

Have you talked to any non-endocrinologist or non-thyroid doctors about the nostril/throat symptoms you're describing? Maybe a gastroenterologist or an ENT? Personally, I'm inclined to eliminate all other possible tests while I'm waiting, so I don't have to be miserable any longer than the weeks it takes for my thyroid dose changes.
Sammy's right about the importance of other tests.
With Hashi's, my endo said it's also important to track the antibody levels, too.

Closed Thread