It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

I really need some Cytomel Advice

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
fusionqueen
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
I really need some Cytomel Advice

I was start on 25mcg TO MUCH I was sweating and felt wierd. I called my Dr and have now been on 5mcg for 3 days. I do not know if these are side effects but really need some advice. here is what i am experiencing:

Electric like feeling allover
Nausea
TOTAL scatter brain. I just left the sink in my bathroom running and flood the bathroom and it went into the basement.
Forgetting everything
Head aches
Feel like I can not keep on task

I am scatter brained alot but this is and odd feeling. I would really appreciate advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
sammy64
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB Usersammy64 HB User
Re: I really need some Cytomel Advice

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

We usually start to feel the effects of a new Cytomel dose within 2-3 days of starting it.

All of the things you've described are things I've read people report after starting Cytomel. They're not so much side effects but, the body's immediate response to powerful T3.

Since I had read about this before starting Cytomel myself, I decided to start off very slowly (my starting dose was 5mcg).

I took 2.5mcg divided into two doses for the first 5 days. I had two fleeting moments of feeling irritable.

I then increased to 5mcg and was fine moving forward from there.

I don't know how long you took the 25mcg dose but, it might have had some lingering effects that are contributing to your current experience.

If you're not doing this already, I suggest you get a pill cutter and divide that 5mcg tab into 2 pieces. Take 1/2 in the morning and the other 1/2 maybe 6 hours later.

If you'd like to start off more slowly, I suggest trying what I did - just be sure to retain the resultant crumbs so your dose sizes will be somewhat equal (I used shot glasses to maintain dose integrity )

Last edited by sammy64; 04-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
fusionqueen
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: I really need some Cytomel Advice

Thanks for the advice..I will try this starting tomorrow. I am very med sensitive so that could explain it too

Closed Thread