It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Grown below clavicle?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
    BadThyroid
    (female)

BadThyroid HB User
    Grown below clavicle?

I was diagnosed with a swollen left lobe and a 1.5cm nodule on the right a year ago. Found by accident during a lung cat scan. ENT told me 1.5cm was borderline and he would take it out, but not worry about the left side at the time. I did have an FNA that came back inconclusive as well. I ran into other issues and put off having surgery so.....

Fast forward to a year later, (today) the 1.5 cm nodule has not changed on the right, but my left lobe now extends below the clavicle and they cannot get a measurement on it. I was ready to schedule taking the whole thing out right then and there but was told now he wants a ct scan to see how far down the left side has gone as he may need a thoracic surgeon and/or cardiac surgeon assisting depending on where it goes behind the clavicle and then he'd have to try and arrange scheduling if they are needed. Just hoping I keep breathing and don't choke to death in the mean time.

My TSH and FT4 keep coming back in range, so I figured I was okay. I really didn't want to have surgery. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have been the best idea in my case. I know I have a problem with all the symptoms I have. With the growth of the left lobe, swallowing is next to impossible. Can't take pills and only able to eat mushy, slide right down, type of foods - not to mention the aches and pains, headaches and muscle spasms.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else who had theirs grow down below the clavicle and had surgery. It sounds very scary to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
    Reece
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
    Re: Grown below clavicle?

Yes, have heard of this before, sometimes the thyroid just grows out of control. You would have to search through very old posts to find this. There is someone recent going thru. something similar though now. The good news is that you are going to feel a lot better after the surgery. You will not choke now, just try not to think about it, it's probably been like that for a while.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
    BadThyroid
    (female)

BadThyroid HB User
    Re: Grown below clavicle?

Thanks Reese! I am counting on feeling better after the surgery as I don't know if I could feel any worse at this point. Last night was very bad with muscle cramping and I am getting tired of my husband having to help me out of bed in the morning. LOL

I figure at this point asking my doctor to run all the other tests besides TSH and FT4 is a waste anyway since it has to come out, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I'll try and do some searching to see if I can find the older posts.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread