It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• need help fast endo put me back on synth with ndt! anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
    mopets
    (female)

mopets HB User
    need help fast endo put me back on synth with ndt! anxiety re: labs includ now

was on synthroid for over a decade found an endo a lil ovr a yr ago who was willing to put me on ndt feeln better i felt i was ready for an increase <used to be on 1.25 levo am currently on ndt 47.5/11.23 x2 daily> instead he gave me a script for 12.5mcg synthroid to take in am with ndt! its like day 5 and i cant stand it want off it bad but shld i stick with it? symptoms include anxiety, edginess, dizziness, etc. will post lab results when i get them in mail i suspected adrenals <suffered from much post trauma stress> but endo says blood test fine for adrenals anyone have any experience cant find anything thanks

edit 2/5 got labs n mail
    T3free 4.09 <in range>
    TSH 1.67 <inrange>
    Free T4 .80 <reference range .89-1.76>
    everything else in normal range except:
    alt (sgpt) <5l <refernc 5-30>
    bilirubin 1.9 <reference0.0-1.0> this has yet to be in normal range!!! evr asked endo about it 2 appts ago he said hed keep eye on it dont know if i shld go to liver dr? or wat..

Last edited by mopets; 02-06-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: got labs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: need help fast endo put me back on synth with ndt! anxiety

The symptoms you are experiencing are typical of too much thyroid. When did you get your labs drawn, before you started the extra 25 mcg Synthroid? I would just call your Dr or email to let him know you are uncomfortable on this dose and want to stop the extra Synthroid and reassess what's needed after your labs are back. That way, you can get relief without doing it against medical advice. I'm sure he would agree given your symptoms.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
    Surfing4answers
    (female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User

Hi Mopets, sorry you are feeling so bad, it is hard to get a full picture without more info though. I have put in a few questions, between your comments.....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mopets View Post
    was on synthroid for over a decade found an endo a lil ovr a yr ago who was willing to put me on ndt feeln better i felt i was ready for an Increase

1. If you were feeling better on NDT over the last year, why did you feel you needed an increase? Were you still having symptoms?

2. do you have any blood results from before the new increase?

<used to be on 1.25 levo am currently on ndt 47.5/11.23 x2 daily> instead he gave me a script for 25mcg synthroid to take in am with ndt! its like day 5 and i cant stand it want off it bad but shld i stick with it? symptoms include anxiety, edginess, dizziness, etc. will post lab results when i get them in mail i suspected adrenals <suffered from much post trauma stress> but endo says blood test fine for adrenals anyone have any experience cant find anything thanks
    3. He has increased your T4 only by adding in synthroid, possibly to match the amount of T4 you were originally on, this converts to T3, it is possible you are now over medicated but with seeing your Ft4 and Free t3, it is hard to comment. Your symptoms of anxiety etc point to that.

4. If your adrenals have been checked with cortisol levels (this is better done min. 2 but optimally 4 times throughout a day) and your cortisol is in range for each of those times then it is possible your adrenals are good and it is just the adjustment to your meds that is causing these symptoms.

Please post any results you have, especially your frees, it would be easier for people to stop by and comment and hopefully be of more help to you.

You should call your endo and let him know what is happening and see if he can shed some light on it or suggest a dosage change so you get some relief.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
    mopets
    (female)

mopets HB User

im sorry still havent received lab in the mail to post but the synthroid was prescribed after labs were done i felt great compared to the yrs of synthroid but was havn really bad peeling nails a slight lack of energy lil brain fog nothing major i have never had a saliva cortisol test done i asked endo about adrenals he said my blood test showed they were fine. i was never able to tolerate synthroid very well and did much better when i had to take it if i took it at nightvs am i jus cant find anywhere on the net/boards were this is common treatment esp after a year of no synthetic or the possible effects thereof. thanks guys will post my results when they get here via usps

Closed Thread