It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Help with lab results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
    Adaigle23
    (female)

Adaigle23 HB User
    Help with lab results

For about 9 months now i have been feeling horrible..Always fatigued, bones and muscles hurt, always nauseous, lower back aches, stomach aches, mood swings, always getting a cold or some sinus issue, changes in heart rate, and i sweat more, im either really hot or really cold, i have to urniate all the time and have trouble holding it sometimes and alot of times will go back to back within 10-20 mins of just using the bathroom without even drinking hardly any liquids, constipation, acne and dry skin, my hair breaking and shedding, changes in weight , always feel bloated, stay very hungry but can only eat very little before i either feel full or to nauseous, depression, anixety at times.. Anyways was sent to the endocrinologist because i had some labs done at my OBGYN and she checked my thyroid results read:
    T3 Free- 2.29 (ranges 2.77-5.27)
    T3 Total 91 ( ranges 80-200ngdl
    T4 Free- 0.80 ( ranges .78-2.19)
    TSH- 0.42 (ranges .5-4.7)

Endocrinologist took a bunch of labs 2 months after my labs at the OBGYN that read:
    TSH- 1.340 (ranges .55-4.78)
    T3- 1.03 (ranges .60-1.81)
    FSH- 7.3 no ranges
    Vitmain D 24 -no ranges but they told me that was low
    Thyroxine Free 1.16 (ranges .89-1.76)
    Testosterone 86 (ranges 14-76)
    Luteinizing Hormone- 8.40 no range listed
    Thyroxine 9.0 (ranges 5.0-12.0)
    Prolactin- 6.1 no range listed
    Thyroid Peroxidase- 140 (range 0-34)
    Antithyroglobulin Ab 3000 (range 0-40)
    Thyroid stimulating- 25 (range 0-139%)
    Dhea sulfate- 276.8 (ranges 98.8-340)

Diagnoses they told me was I have PCOS and Vitmain deficiency, They said my thyroid is fine. But have heard some conflicting comments regarding my thyroid hormone readings as to rather the doctor was correct or not? They gave me vitamin d 50,000 mg to take once a week for 3 months and put me on birth control. Ive been on the medicine for a little of 2 months and I dont feel any better. I have read up on PCOS and a lot of symptoms I am feeling dont descrive PCOS other than maybe the lower back pain and stomach pain..
    Anybody else had lab results that? or can someone help me make sense of them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
    Surfing4answers
    (female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
    Re: Help with lab results

Hi and welcome, sorry for what you are going through, it is very hard trying to get answers and sometimes endo' s are not always the best route u fortunately.

Your high anti. Thy. Test points to hashi's, your first low TSH result shows hyper but with hashi's you can swing hyper and hypo. Your frees are rock bottom and you need in my opinion thyroid meds. Your symptoms as you found out are thyroid related and with your frees it does point that way. (So many symptoms cross over so it is hard!)
    Vit D is low and you say you are been given 50,000mg is is D2? I never raised my levels with D2 but started OTC D3 at 4000ui daily and it is coming up.
    I cannot really comment on your other results so hopefully someone else more in the know will pop in!
    You really could do with a thyroid savvy doc. So if you get no further with your current carer I would start looking into a better one!

I hope you get some proper help with this soon, so that you can gt relief from your symptoms!

Closed Thread