It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Hyperparathyroidism or Not

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
    MaryAnn353
    (female)

MaryAnn353 HB User
    Hyperparathyroidism or Not

Ok, here is my first post ever. I am a mother of two toddlers and until seven months ago in perfect shape.

Since then, I have been suffering with numbness, primarily in my legs and back of scalp for seven months. All the neuro stuff was ruled out until I recently got a blood test that showed antibodies for Guillain Barre. I have a neuro follow-up next week, but have to believe there is a parathyroid connection. I also have had mental confusion, sometimes very mild and other times severe with muscle cramping, blurry/painful vision and dizziness. Daily my legs ache (and are numb at the same time believe it or not and my hip is contantly cracking and has recently become very painful). My calcium levels have never been out of normal range but they are jumping around (8.6 to 9.7). I tripped on the notion of hyperparathyroidism when my endo prescribed high doses of Vitamin D for me and my symptoms went through the roof, including the numbness. I soon found that a simple calcium/magnesium supplement also brings out my symptoms more, including heart palpitations. A sonogram of my thyroid recently revealed multiple nodules and cysts and cited a parathyroid adenoma, which was pretty large, but my endo says that unless my calcium is out of whack then the sonogram is wrong. All my thyroid levels are normal. I feel like this all has to be related but I know my symptoms are a bit atypical for hyperparathyroidism. Has anyone hear of numbness as a primary response to hyperparathryodisim?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    hyperparathyroidism, numbness, sonogram