It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Any Hypos out there with ice cold, numb and burning feet/hands?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
    Wrkg Mom
    (female)

Wrkg Mom HB User
    Question Any Hypos out there with ice cold, numb and burning feet/hands?

So i was diagnosed hypo a year ago.
    I have been having worsening episodes of my feet going numb, mostly when I am outside but now also when inside. My feet turn white and it takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes to warm them up which until they get back to normal they burn like crazy. Does anyone out there diagnosed hypo have these kinds of episodes?

diagnosed PCOS 2/22/12 - Metformin ER 2000 mg& Spironolactone 150mg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
    Danz93
    (female)

Danz93 HB User
    Re: Any Hypos out there with ice cold, numb and burning feet/hands?

This blew my mind to read this! Finally someone else!!
    I have hypo & my hands and feet are cold during the day and at night my feet burn so badly I always place ice packs on them.

I feel like I have a strange numb (not really numb..) but a little neuropathy in my right foot most days as well.

Thank you for making me realize I'm not alone with this one..

Last edited by Danz93; 02-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
    Wrkg Mom
    (female)

Wrkg Mom HB User

It is good to know (just like with hypo symptoms) that I'm not "crazy". I have googled whats been happening and it sounds like possibly secondary raynauds....i am hypo and am also on beta blockers for heart palpitations which can cause the "attacks"....i am trying to find out more so I can find a dr and know what tests to ask for etc.
    Have u gone to a dr about it?

diagnosed PCOS 2/22/12 - Metformin ER 2000 mg& Spironolactone 150mg

Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi, I have been living with hot feet ever since I was a child. My mom used to take me to the military drs never finding a solution. At night I have what I call my menopause fa, it's a tower fan that oscillates and remote control. I got tired of getting up and done n in the middle of the night. Freezing hubby to death, and then there's my two chihuahuas! Ha! I have them a twin size electric blanket.i have it under like 4 blankets with a plastic bag over it in case of an accident. They love it.

But back to the feet thing. There's this thing called ethromyalga (sp?) they don't know what causes it. But your feet and even other extremities can get hot, blisters, peel, can spread.

It's terrible on the face. I know when i took lyrica it was bad. Swelling too.around 8 pm it starts getting real bad til about 7 am. Can't eat anything spicey either. So if you have that I feel for you. I have hypo and Addison's and fibro. Let me know if there's anything else you have questuions about regarding this. Ch

Last edited by Administrator; 02-28-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
    Danz93
    (female)

Danz93 HB User

I gave up on trying get answers about it to be honest, Wkg Mom. It's been presumed I had brain cancer to having been misdiagnosed to having MS to end up finding out I had Lyme Disease. (Which I'm now cured of..) So, your writing what you go through and it's exactly how I feel confirms its thyroid related. (Plus I have read other stories online speaking of the same..)
    Lucky us. We have answers, kinda.

As for the reply about blisters, etc., I don't have any visible marks, damage, etc., just neuropathy feeling on occasion in right foot. Freezing hands & feet most the time and burning feet at night.

If you get real answers - please let me know.

Last edited by Danz93; 02-28-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Closed Thread