It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• fully with hypo symptoms but only slightly elevated ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
    nnairret
    (female)

nnairret HB User
    fully with hypo symptoms but only slightly elevated ??

please would someone be able to tell me why my girls TSH is slightly elevated but and i mean BUT she has a goiter that swells up and down and feels mainly hard but occasionally soft.why she has the beginnings of a buffalo hump , sore painful joints , huge stomach swellings and a tummy hang ???? as a mum its driving me crazy! she cant eat gluten but isn't allergic.cant lift her own body weight and is highly uncoordinated suffering muscle weakness and sometimes vertigo.i just don't know what to do anymore.any ideas welcome please !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: fully with hypo symptoms but only slightly elevated ??

As we said in your first thread posing this question, she might be hypothyroid, based on TSH well above 2 and free T4 below mid-range.

Your mention of "buffalo hump" suggests she might have some form of adrenal trouble involving inappropriate levels of cortisol; but I don't know much more than that about it. You'll have to question her doctor about that.

I suggest you push hard to get a trial of thyroid hormone for her. A healthy child would be expected to have TSH no higher than 2. Your child's, at 5.3, can't in any way be called "normal" and should not be tolerated.

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
    nnairret (03-08-2013)
    Closed Thread