It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• anyone see a connection between flu shot and hashimotos?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
    teresajm
    (female)

teresajm HB User
    anyone see a connection between flu shot and hashimotos?

I've been feeling tired since getting a flu shot last february.I was on 125 levothyroxine.I recently had my labs done and my had TSH shot up to over 8 from an average of 3 which has been stable for over a decade.Also antibodies are at 128.I'm concerned the shot has activated an autoimmune response.My doc then put me on 90 mc. armour and I felt even more tired so he told me to take another half pill.Still not doing well.Anyone have similar reaction to a flu shot?I've also have had a sore deltoid muscle that hasn't let up since the shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: anyone see a connection between flu shot and hashimotos?

I have Hashi's and another autoimmune disease as well. Flu shots have never caused problems with either of them.

You need to consider whether the Armour is working for you as well as the levoT. [Is it genuine Armour brand, or another brand of dessicated thyroid?] I had taken Armour for more than 8 years when it was reformulated. It no longer works at all for me. Many other formerly successful Armour users report the same thing. It could be you're having absorption issues with it. When taking an optimum dose of Armour or other dessicated thyroid, TSH should be suppressed to near 0 and free T4 and free T3 should be within at least the upper half of their ranges. Are you there?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
    teresajm
    (female)

teresajm HB User
    Re: anyone see a connection between flu shot and hashimotos?

thanks so much for replying.Glad you haven't heard problems created by the flu shot.I just had my labs done a month ago and that's when the problem was discovered.The Armour I started taking is by Forest Pharm.Is that the real deal or generic?Also, do you know how often insurance pays for thyroid labs?The lab bill for all the thyroid tests was almost $1000!The hormone panels were over $1100!Glad I have insurance.I've decided to go back on my levo in the morning because I have some 125 mg. and will add half the armour in the afternoon (45 mg) and see how I feel.Just started this today.

Closed Thread