It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Is free T3 of 4.35 high enough to cause symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
    TT15
    (male)

TT15 HB User
    Is free T3 of 4.35 high enough to cause symptoms?

TSH and free T4 were in range and free T3 was high at 4.35. I have some symptoms of hyperthyroid. Heat intolerance, anxiety, stress, hypoglycemia but no weight loss. I attribute the no weight loss to eating all the time to keep my blood sugar from getting to low and I have actually gained some weight over the last few years. I started getting these symptoms 5 years ago and they can kind of come and go but the heat intolerance is always there. If I go out in the heat and work it just zaps my energy.

Also my red counts are just a tad high and liver enzymes are always elevated and in the 70-80 ranged. Non drinker and non smoker.

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Is free T3 of 4.35 high enough to cause symptoms?

It's probably impossible for laypeople like us to say for sure.
    In conjunction with TSH and free T4 well within norms, slightly elevated FT3 may just be a quirk particular to your physiology and otherwise meaningless. Or not. Optimal thyroid levels are very individualized. I'm sorry to say, I'm not aware of any way to reduce FT3 without adversely affecting the other "normal" levels, anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
    TT15 (05-29-2013)
    Old 05-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
    TT15
    (male)

TT15 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
    It's probably impossible for laypeople like us to say for sure.
    In conjunction with TSH and free T4 well within norms, slightly elevated FT3 may just be a quirk particular to your physiology and otherwise meaningless. Or not. Optimal thyroid levels are very individualized. I'm sorry to say, I'm not aware of any way to reduce FT3 without adversely affecting the other "normal" levels, anyway.
    Thank you for your reply. My regular doctor referred me to go see an endocrinologist today. Have to wait 2 months to get in though so it will be awhile before I see him. I am not sure what is off but I think something is off in my body but hopefully the endo will have some ideas!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
    TT15
    (male)

TT15 HB User

Well I had my appointment. Endo dr said my levels were normal even though the FT3 is flagged high. I told him I also have bad heat intolerance and occasionally trouble swallowing/tightness in neck that can last for a few days. He didn't really seem to care much.:/ He ordered some more blood work to look more extensively but he didn't tell me what any of the tests were. Not impressed with this doctor at all.

Closed Thread