It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Test Results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
    JanyDoe
    (female)

JanyDoe HB User
    Test Results

Ref Range
    T3 uptake 33.03 22,50-37.00
    T4 Thyroxine 8.6 4.5-10.90
    FII (cable) 2.84 1.00-4.03

TSH(3rd) 2.94 .0550.4.78

Everything looks in range
    I am on Vyvanse yet I can sleep 24/7,
    I was 120-130lb all of my life till I hit 37, (43 now) I weigh somewhere around 175 now, I did not even weigh this when I was pg!!!
    After I started gaining the weight, I planned a trip to Hawaii, so I fasted 5 days before the trip,
    I did not lose one single lb, not one,
    I have given up sodas, no change, nothing works,
    I used to be very active but that is when the weight gain started.
    I pretty much gave up this last year,.

Last summer though, (I also have had stomachthat began around the time I started gaining weight) I I learned about "wheat allergy" and thought I had solved my stomach issues, I gave up gluten, w/in like 1 week I lost about 15lb w/o even trying, it came from nowhere,
    I felt great my energy was up, I thought finally, it is coming off, then about 2 mo later the weight came back for no reason, I don't even like leaving the house anymore, Thank God I hide it well, but it does not feel good and all I want to do is sleep,
    I have begun to just feel like I might as well be dead, I then would not have to wake up anymore.
    FYI I have also been diagnosed Bi-Polar and no I am not medicated for that for personal reasons.
    The Vyvanse was prescribed for ADD or ADHD and lack of energy but it really has no effect on me, I can still sleep even if I take 2, my eyebrows do not grow the full length of my eye anymore, I have to use pencil,
    my toe nails are getting thicker, my skin seems to shed a lot, I can roll skin off when I get out of the shower or sit in the tub, also when I get out of the shower I can't seem to touch my calves or they start to itch so bad I want to claw them till they bleed, the outside of my breasts seem to itch am awful lot, my heart sometimes does this weird pause, a couple fast STRONG beats, then resumes it normal pace & I can usually tell when it is about to happen, though I can't explain how I know. I have lost all interest in sex, but that might be due to the weight gain. The only muscle pains I ever really have are in my back and my shoulder,

Oh and my ankles are for sure swollen
    I don't dare wear my rings anymore, I barely got them off w/o cutting them off
    (I did have to cut one of them off),
    sorry about the typos in the previous post, I should have looked it over better before I posted.

umm trying to think what else??
    My hands, feet, butt have always been cold,
    after EVERY meal it seems I get sweaty, no matter how small a serving I have,
    My eyes twitch sometimes as well as other random twitches
    I definitely have a bump in my lower part of my neck, right below the crease, I have felt my husbands and my sons necks and they have mine as well, we all agree, I am the only one with the lump, my eyes are puffy and my neck is out of proportion heavy compared to the rest of my body. My periods seem heavy but they are still regular until about 6 mo ago, now they are actually coming more often then usual and I have been regular all of my life till this. I have very thick hair but I have been shedding like mad for about 5 years at least.

<deleted>

Last edited by JanyDoe; 06-11-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: left out symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
    JanyDoe
    (female)

JanyDoe HB User
    Re: Test Results

One last thing, right before I started gaining weight I went to Honduras, got terrible food poisoning and about 3 years later discovered I had parasites (another person I met on my trip also got parasites) I have since got rid of the parasites but no change in anything after I did this.

Last edited by JanyDoe; 06-11-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: wanted it all on one post

Old 06-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Your TSH is higher than the average healthy person's, which is around 1 to 1.5 or so. The other tests you had are pretty worthless. The combo only calculates an estimated free T4. You should have free T4 directly measured; it's the only accurate way to do it. If your actual free T4 is below lab median, it's likely you would benefit from prescription thyroid replacement.

Some of your symptoms certainly might be related to hypothyroidism; some, probably not.

You need to see a doctor more versed in thyroid problems than the one who ordered these bogus tests... Unless he's a cooperative sort willing to order the right ones now. The right tests are TSH, free T4, and the two thyroid antibodies - anti-TPO and anti-Tg.

You ask in another thread about self-treatment with internet "hormone". There is no legitimate marketplace for genuine thyroid hormone anywhere in the US. It's illegal to sell active thyroid hormone OTC. This forum's members do not advocate the use of illicit thyroid hormone. All other "thyroid support" products containing iodine or herbs are not likely to help if the hypothyroidism is autoimmune, as is most common.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
    JanyDoe
    (female)

JanyDoe HB User

Thank you for your response, I would not expect anyone to, I guess it was stupid question, I have always been a salt-aholic and I started gaining before I switched to sea salt, so lack of Iodine, I don't think could have been the initial cause. I will try to see about finding a doctor that specializes in thyroid I guess. I have put this off for so long, I really hate needles but I am just at the point if I gain anymore weight I am going to become a complete miserable hermit which won't help anything.

One last request.

What tests should be run if I suspect Hashimoto's, I think I might be allergic to wheat (GMO' wheat) but I have also read some products can give normal people symptoms while others don't so not sure if it is allergy or just reaction to some ingredients? It has been a while, I have reduced wheat consumption to only occasionally but before, I swear, I would have days where I would not pee at all, it was coming out the wrong end, one hot summer day, 2 pitchers of water, never did not pee once, that was a bad day for tummy.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

There are no stupid questions. Sometimes it takes a while to compose an answer to every one posted, so it can take a while some days.

As I wrote before, the right tests to look for Hashimoto's are TSH, free T4, and the two thyroid antibodies - anti-TPO and anti-Tg. Hashi's doesn't come from something you eat or don't eat. Autoimmune diseases like it are thought to be caused by a genetic defect... Something that has no no fix.

Good luck!

Closed Thread