It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Mystery Symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
    greta4123
    (female)

greta4123 HB User
    Unhappy Mystery Symptoms

Good morning,
    I have an abundance of random symptoms and no clear cause. As far as my existing diagnosed conditions, I have "mild" psoriasis, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism and potentially psoriatic arthritis. I am not currently on any medication due to two unfortunate lapses of health insurance since January. I was forced off Tirosint (250 MG) in February and I was surprised at how good I felt off of it then went back on briefly, felt groggy again and got off. In June I had bloodwork done through my GP who said my TSH level of 43 was "nothing to worry about" because my t4 was "normal". After this I decided to see an endo because she obviously had no idea what she was talking about, even though I felt completely fine but of course the first appt available was Oct 10th, which I took.
    My last period came on Aug 4. I then spotted on the 24th randomly first thing in the morning, bright pink. I have never spotted before. Ever. I've also always been regular and on time. I saw my OB/GYN for an annual exam on the 29th and I asked her about it, she immediately had me take a UPT which was negative. Before I spotted I also began having an increase of vaginal discharge, clearish. This has continued to this day. She told me if I didn't get my period when it was due to arrive (Sept 1-3) then to take a HPT and if it's negative come in again. On the 31st I spotted again the same way as the 24th.
    I obviously didn't get my period (still nothing as of today the 12th) so I called them on the 5th and they had me come in on the 9th for a blood test. The 9th was also the last day I had insurance coverage until Oct 1. The blood test was negative but my TSH level was 39. My OB/GYN believes my lack of period has to do with my thyroid but it doesn't explain my other symptoms.
    On the 5th I also started getting this strange nausea. It's like a mild nauseous feeling and then I feel like I have to throw up but I never do. This is CONSTANT. For the last week I have been miserable. I also have mild abdominal cramping, central and lower. I have like no appetite but I have no problem eating. I have had two scenarios of a smell induced aversion to foods I normally enjoy. The first one on the 6th, then the second was on the 8th.
    On the 7th my breasts became sore to the touch. I have random lower back pain now. My neck hurts sometimes, particularly at night, around my thyroid/lymph nodes.
    I understand my thyroid may be to blame for the missed period but not the nausea. I also have autoimmune disorders so I may have developed another for all I know. I'm really open to any advice at this point but I do not have insurance until the first of October so I can't see a doctor now. Should I make a gastroenterologist appointment? Should I go to the ER? Has anyone ever had the same issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2014, 03:39 AM   #2
    jaklyn2008
    (female)

jaklyn2008 HB User
    Re: Mystery Symptoms

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greta4123 View Post
    Good morning,
    I have an abundance of random symptoms and no clear cause. As far as my existing diagnosed conditions, I have "mild" psoriasis, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism and potentially psoriatic arthritis. I am not currently on any medication due to two unfortunate lapses of health insurance since January. I was forced off Tirosint (250 MG) in February and I was surprised at how good I felt off of it then went back on briefly, felt groggy again and got off. In June I had bloodwork done through my GP who said my TSH level of 43 was "nothing to worry about" because my t4 was "normal". After this I decided to see an endo because she obviously had no idea what she was talking about, even though I felt completely fine but of course the first appt available was Oct 10th, which I took.
    My last period came on Aug 4. I then spotted on the 24th randomly first thing in the morning, bright pink. I have never spotted before. Ever. I've also always been regular and on time. I saw my OB/GYN for an annual exam on the 29th and I asked her about it, she immediately had me take a UPT which was negative. Before I spotted I also began having an increase of vaginal discharge, clearish. This has continued to this day. She told me if I didn't get my period when it was due to arrive (Sept 1-3) then to take a HPT and if it's negative come in again. On the 31st I spotted again the same way as the 24th.
    I obviously didn't get my period (still nothing as of today the 12th) so I called them on the 5th and they had me come in on the 9th for a blood test. The 9th was also the last day I had insurance coverage until Oct 1. The blood test was negative but my TSH level was 39. My OB/GYN believes my lack of period has to do with my thyroid but it doesn't explain my other symptoms.
    On the 5th I also started getting this strange nausea. It's like a mild nauseous feeling and then I feel like I have to throw up but I never do. This is CONSTANT. For the last week I have been miserable. I also have mild abdominal cramping, central and lower. I have like no appetite but I have no problem eating. I have had two scenarios of a smell induced aversion to foods I normally enjoy. The first one on the 6th, then the second was on the 8th.
    On the 7th my breasts became sore to the touch. I have random lower back pain now. My neck hurts sometimes, particularly at night, around my thyroid/lymph nodes.
    I understand my thyroid may be to blame for the missed period but not the nausea. I also have autoimmune disorders so I may have developed another for all I know. I'm really open to any advice at this point but I do not have insurance until the first of October so I can't see a doctor now. Should I make a gastroenterologist appointment? Should I go to the ER? Has anyone ever had the same issues?
    I also have hashi's. I have found that the thyroid effects all your organs. It is what gives the cells in these organs energy. Without energy, nothing works like it should. I have psoriasis , high bp, hysterectomy, insomnia gallbladder problems, stomach issues. I could go on and on. These began, I believe, with the thyroid. Unfortunately, the only doctor that I have found that works, I can't keep going to because insurance doesn't pay. He is an ND but there are others like Holistic docs. The go to the root of the problem using mostly natural recourses instead of patching a symptom. Also a gluten-free, healthy diet goes a long way. I wish you the best.

Closed Thread

Tags
    autoimmune disease, female, hashimoto's, hypothyrodism, missed period