It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Nature throid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
    slugqueen
    (female)

slugqueen HB User
    Nature throid

Hi All! I finally saw a naturopathic physician and she agreed that TSH levels over 4 were not good. So, she put me on a half tab of Nature throid to start. I see her again in a week.

This is my first time on meds and I'm just wondering what I should be looking for as far as results? If they work, is it like coming out of a fog or something? How long does it take to start to notice the effects?

I've been this way for as long as I can remember, so suddenly having energy or feeling perky or something like that would be really strange for me. I'm not expecting a miracle, but I can't say I'm not hoping for one.

I also have high blood sugar, so I'm supposed to cut things like beer and sugar, etc. out of my diet. She also thinks I have a dairy allergy, so I have to cut that out for a week to see how it goes. I note that Nature throid has lactose in it though... Weird.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some advice or guidance through the process.

She's a great doc and, I have to say, that actually having someone listen to my symptoms and BELIEVE me was dang near one of the best experiences of my life. I got all choked up when I left!

Oh, and meanwhile, I still haven't even received a call from my PCP's office regarding the blood tests I took over 3 weeks ago. Nice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: Nature throid

You're unlikely to see much difference in one week on half a tablet. (What dose is that? Half of a 60 mg tab?) I have to wonder why she would want to see you so soon for a thyroid check. Typical course of treatment is to begin with a small dose and recheck levels no sooner than one month later.

Most people will not see "sudden" changes at all. Most only gradually notice that a symptom is not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. If you've been hypothyroid for a long time, it will probably be later than sooner that you feel your best again. Don't want to discourage you by saying that; it's just the way it happens on average.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
    slugqueen
    (female)

slugqueen HB User
    Re: Nature throid

I think I'm going in next week to go over the results of my labs. She ordered an A1C for the blood sugar, is checking cortisol and progesterone and had me do another lab for my gut issues. I've been having some significant problems there. Anyway, I'm doing a food/symptom/bm journal for the week - I think she's trying to pin down possible allergies.

I did some research on Nature Throid and read that it can be up to 6 weeks before you notice anything. I don't have the pills with me at work - I can't remember what the dosage is. Slowly feeling better will still be wonderful! Thanks for your response.

Last edited by slugqueen; 09-26-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Closed Thread