It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Low TSH normal free T4

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
    Vrios06
    (female)

Vrios06 HB User
    Low TSH normal free T4

I am getting really frustrated with my dr. D not really giving me answers! In april 2013 my TSH levels were .48 (within normal range) I got tested last week on Friday and my TSH levels are .25 and my free T4 is 1.1 (within normal range). I have been feeling really sick lately with very bad nausea (I am not pregnant) and have just been feeling really down with a rapid heart rate of 103 bpm! My dr says I'm obese and that's why I am having these symptoms but seems to be ignoring my thyroid test results. Is it because it's not low enough to worry about and it's really no big deal yet? I also have many nodule and one takes some color.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
    Vrios06
    (female)

Vrios06 HB User
    Re: Low TSH normal free T4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vrios06 View Post
    I am getting really frustrated with my dr. She is not really giving me answers! In april 2013 my TSH levels were .48 (within normal range) I got tested last week on Friday and my TSH levels are .25 and my free T4 is 1.1 (within normal range). I have been feeling really sick lately with very bad nausea (I am not pregnant) and have just been feeling really down with a rapid heart rate of 103 bpm! My dr says I'm obese and that's why I am having these symptoms but seems to be ignoring my thyroid test results. Is it because it's not low enough to worry about and it's really no big deal yet? I also have many nodules and one takes some color.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
    Re: Low TSH normal free T4

I think you should get FT3 tested. With typical ranges for FT4 your level would be on the low side but with hypoT TSH typically rises, your TSH level is a bit on the low side and your symptoms could also be pointing towards hyperT. FT3 could give you more info on what's really going on.

Closed Thread

Tags
    thyroid blood tests, thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules