It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Need Help with diagnosing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
    Rog77721
    (male)

Rog77721 HB User
    Red face Need Help with diagnosing

Hello,

I'm going to ramble because I need help. I've been having muscle problems with spasms and stuff like that for 3-4 years. I've been to a neurologist and they haven't found anything. The doctors have given me so many antidepressants and they don't work. I was getting scared that I might have some insane disease but the neuro couldn't find anything. From this year January it has gotten worse. All my joints are making the noises, I get lightheaded when I stand, and my blood pressure, brain fog, muscle pain,bad circulation, muscle spasm and weakness all over, my body temperature, and the worst is that it has made my knees weak where I need knee support bands to walk. My ligaments and tendons aren't that good either.
    I've seen many things that backup what I have and told me about how outdated the scales for the tests are, so I knew it was going to be a hard thing to detect.

So I go to my regular doctor who I go to because I have little options. I got a tsh, t4,t3 exam to check this out at my request. The exams came out and he said they looked fine and that I didn't seem ill, and even mocked me by saying if I'm really bad to bring him a video of me having trouble. I have to deal with this though so I got a printout of the tests to try and see if anyone knows if the exams show anything they didn't see. The scales of normal they had seemed wrong. Please help because it's getting worse everyday.

Blood tests:

TSH 1.360

Thyroxine T4 8.9

Triiodothyronine T3 139

Thank you for your time

Last edited by moderator2; 03-15-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #2
    Nahlarose
    (female)

Nahlarose HB User
    Re: Need Help with diagnosing

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this. Have you been tested for other auto-immune diseases? There are tons (see http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Autoimmune_disorders) and your problems may not necessarily be related to your thyroid. I would find a better doctor and ask for blood tests that check your iron, b12 and cortisol levels. The latter would be for potential adrenal fatigue. Also definitely see a rheumatologist and endocrinologist if you can. I'm no doctor but as a hunch and from my own experiences I think it might be related to adrenal fatigue and/or a severe vitamin deficiency/overload.

The best advice I can give is to be your own doctor and to not take no for an answer. There is help out there, but you have to find it first. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    thyroid - testing soon, thyroid blood test, thyroid disease, thyroid disorders