It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• ugggg … what do these results mean?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
    lsh22
    (female)

lsh22 HB User
    ugggg … what do these results mean?

hi everyone…
    I'm new to this and wondering if these lab results would be the reason i have been having weird twitching and vibrating sensations, as well as anxiety. the free t4 is high, but would just that much over the normal range make a difference? and the free t3 is within normal range, but barely. hopefully this is why i have been feeling so lousy. thank you!

tsh .93 (.3-5.5)
    free t4 26 (11-22)
    free t3 4.1 (4.0-7.8)

lsh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
    Rabidcamel
    (male)

Rabidcamel HB User
    Re: ugggg … what do these results mean?

I'd reccomend you get your antibodies checked TPOab and antithyroglobulin....I get those same sensations when my t4 runs high

Old 04-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
    Rabidcamel
    (male)

Rabidcamel HB User

Also are you on any medicines especially blood pressure medicine?

Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
    lsh22
    (female)

lsh22 HB User

thank you for your response! the vibrating thing is really unnerving and good to hear it is likely thyroid related. i'm not on any medications….but my GP prescribed beta blockers until i see the endo in a couple of weeks. I only took them for a couple of days though, they made me really sleepy and since the symptoms are manageable (not fun but manageable) i decided to make do without them if i can.
    i just can't figure out how i could have ft4 high and ft3 low. am i hyper or hypo?!
    also i have developed tinnitus in the past 2-3 weeks and hoping it is also related and will go away once my thyroid levels are normal??
    thanks again!

Old 04-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
    Rabidcamel
    (male)

Rabidcamel HB User

Your pretty much describing all the symptoms i've had....Unfortunately my doctors are still in a "Lets wait and see"" attitude. And I still have alot of tinnitus when my t4 is high the muscles in my neck ache and burn and I know that really contributes to my tinnitus.
    With the way your numbers look i'm sure your probably having some hyper and hypo symptoms. There are a multitude of things that can cause t4/t3 numbers like that. I sincerely hope your doctors "Get on the Ball" and get you fixed up so you don't have to put up with it for long. There are a few things I have found that ease my symptoms some. I've found limiting gluten, iodized salt, and I have all but quit smoking. I'm not sure these things will help you but they have eased my suffering a bit.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
    lsh22
    (female)

lsh22 HB User
    Smile Re: ugggg … what do these results mean?

Thanks again! it is soooo reassuring to hear you have had similar symptoms and they are thyroid related…it is relieving to think that in time they will go away, or at least diminish. My GP is the same, thinks its a temporary thing that will resolve itself in the next few months. blood tests this thursday will show if anything has changed.
    i was thinking when i ate chocolate or sugar the tinnitus was worse so trying to limit that, but didn't think about the gluten.
    i have a lot more empathy now for anyone i hear who has a thyroid issue. i can't believe the symptoms it can create.
    thanks for your input.

Closed Thread