It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• how much does ft3 matter??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
    lsh22
    (female)

lsh22 HB User
    how much does ft3 matter??

hi everyone
    just got my lab results back
    tsh .87 (0.5-5)
    ft4 20 (11-22)
    ft3 3.9 (4-7.8)

i have this constant anxiety which is making me crazy, and my legs often feel a bit trembly which also makes me crazy. the endo says my levels are all perfect but i sure don't feel perfect. am hoping the anxiety is from the low ft3. any thoughts? thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
    midwest1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
    Re: how much does ft3 matter??

Your FT4 is almost 82% of its range, which is too high for most of the population. They generally feel best at levels between 50% and 70%. My guess is that it could well be that which is causing anxiety and trembling legs. When you hold your hands out in front of you, palms down, do you see any fine tremor?

Last edited by midwest1; 06-02-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
    lsh22
    (female)

lsh22 HB User

Thank you Midwest. Maybe that is it. The ft4 was as high as 26 and I was a total wreck. Legs were vibrating all the time and anxiety over the top. They think this is a temporary problem and will fix itself. All antibodies are negative. Because the ft4 was in range I was assuming the issue was now ft3. I don't see a tremor in my hands but definite antsy legs and also tinnitus which I am hoping will resolve itself once this thyroid issue goes away. It's so frustrating when an endo says you are fine when there are obvious symptoms related to the thyroid. I never had anxiety, tinnitus or buzzy legs until the thyroid went wonky. Thanks so much. I hope it is the ft4 or even the ft3 and I'm not just losing it!

Old 06-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
    Jl925
    Inactive
    (male)

Jl925 HB User

Forget about treating the lab form and look at the clinical situation. Your TSH is low as it T3.

I suspect you have a mild cortisol deficiency that is increasing conversion of combined T4 to free T3. When this occurs you can have lab data in the normal range and feel very hyperthyroid.

Check 8 am free cortisol. It should be very close to 20. Make sure you are in a sedentary condition before testing. No sex, commuting, training etc at least 12 hours prior to lab work. Drink a pint of water 30 to 90 mins prior to the test so you are not dehydrated.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
    lsh22
    (female)

lsh22 HB User

thanks so much JI915. it was reassuring to hear from you because i was concentrating on the FT3 so much being low, didn't realize i could still be hyper, which is how i am feeling. hopefully they will check the cortisol if i ask. with the TSH and FT4 in range my GP and endo seem to think i am just fine. ugggg. appreciate your response so much. Am ready to start feeling normal as this jittery anxious feeling is awful!

Old 06-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #6
    Jl925
    Inactive
    (male)

Jl925 HB User

Your welcome! I hope it works out for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
    thyroid disorder