It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• thyroid test result- need help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
    jean524
    (female)

jean524 HB User
    thyroid test result- need help

OK, so back in may my tsh was 7.51 (0.270-4.200) I was told I was fine and had no idea I had a thyroid issue. I then seen a doctor who found the goiter and I was referred to an endocrinologist.
    He ran a lot of test on me,
    Tpo-1283.0 (40.0)
    Tgab-128 (35.0)
    Tsh-1.880 (0.270-4.200)
    T3-3.18 (2.00-4.40)
    T4-1.00 (0.93-1.70)
    I have been feeling a ton better since my test results back in may when my the was 7.51, I'm still tired,ran down feeling etc...
    I am not on any medication right now, but my question is I was diagnosed with hypo but why are my recent test results not high? Its like they are swinging between hypo and hyper.
    I'm not very sure about all this its all new to me, hopefully someone can help me so I can educate myself for the next time I see my doctor. Its so confusing!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
    Re: thyroid test result- need help

Hello Your results do not show hyperT, they're hypo despite the seemingly normal TSH. With autoimmune thyroid disease those levels can fluctuate quite a lot but your low in the range FT4 indicates you're still on the hypoT side and with your high thyroid antibodies you'll likely remain that way and already need thyroid supplementation.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
    jean524
    (female)

jean524 HB User
    Smile Re: thyroid test result- need help

Thank you for the response, I am still learning what all them results mean lol its very confusing, I just had a baby 10 months ago, of course the first 5 months after she was born were the worst symptoms I have ever experienced. They have gotten better, but not all of them, could this be a post pregnancy thing? Or is this something for life? Does the high antibodies mean hashimotos? I had a doctor say they thought thats what this was but I was not sure if this is for life.
    Thanks again! Sorry for all the questions

Last edited by jean524; 10-03-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
    FinnMaid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Pregnancy/childbirth may have triggered it or made it worse and it's probably for life. Sometimes it's a case of post partum thyroiditis that may be temporary but even in this case there's a high chance you'll develop permanent hypoT later in life. High abs basically mean Hashi's. You need to see how this goes - don't wait too long to get treatment. If your thyroid should start to work better your dose can always be decreased.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 10-07-2014 at 10:59 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FinnMaid For This Useful Post:
    jean524 (10-03-2014)
    Old 10-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
    jean524
    (female)

jean524 HB User

Thank you again, I'm still waiting for the doctor to call to figure out my next step which he did say thyroid medication alone to shrink my goiter since its pretty big and I have a nodules, one that's a little on the bigger side. He wanted to do thorough testing first I'm guessing to make sure I take the right dosage, hopefully it helps and I can get my energy back!

Closed Thread

Tags
    goiter, hypo, test results