It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

• Please help... thyroid levels & symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
    lauralee12
    (female)

lauralee12 HB User
    Please help... thyroid levels & symptoms?

I am at a loss for what to do... it has been almost a year now of feeling like absolute crap. Symptom after weird, random symptom, endless bloodwork has been done, and still no answers. I could've sworn my doctors were going to say I had SOME SORT of thyroid problem, but they all say my results are 'normal.' Well I don't feel normal. Not even close. I'm only 22 years old and I feel 92... I have absolutely no energy. I could sleep for days. I'm irritable and jumpy. I have had panic attacks which I'd never had before this past year. My stomach is always feeling crappy- I almost always have diarrhea. I have gained FIFTY POUNDS in the past 6 months! I eat so, so healthy. I exercise (cardio and a little light strength training 3-5 days a week) and I can't get this weight to go anywhere. I'm experiencing acne which I've never had before. Dry skin. Itchy skin. Brittle fingernails with ridges in them. My legs and fingers and face look 'puffy.' I sweat so much it's unbelievable & I'm always hot when other people feel comfortable. I feel sad and weepy all of the time. I just feel like a shadow of my former self. I'm so sad and don't know what to do... I know that my thyroid panel came back 'normal' but maybe that's not 'optimal' for me? Can anyone tell me what my numbers mean?? Does this sound like maybe I have a thyroid issue my doctor's just haven't picked up on?

TSH: 0.64 mIU/mL
    Total T3: 0.8 ng/mL
    T4 Free: 1 NG/DL
    Reverse T3: 14 ng/dL
    Thyroid Perox Antibodies: <1 IU/mL
    Thyroglobulin Antibodies: <1 IU/mL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
    Sadtosay
    Veteran
    (female)

Sadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB User
    Re: Please help... thyroid levels & symptoms?

This is odd.

You definitely have a host of symptoms that I would associate with being hypothyroid, since I had most of those, but your TSH is what I would consider in a good place. I'm not all that clear about your other numbers (and having the lab ranges would help), so perhaps someone else can help there.

The one thing that comes to mind is that if you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, in the beginning stages, before your thyroid gives up the ghost completely, your levels can range between hypo and hyper and back again for quite a long time. It may be that so far all of your tests have been done between peaks and valleys and give the appearance or normalcy.

Closed Thread

Tags
    hashimotos, lab results, thyroid, weight gain