It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

weird vision issues, swirling, flashing, floaters and i have TMJ

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
PepperGirl4life
(female)

PepperGirl4life HB User
Unhappy weird vision issues, swirling, flashing, floaters and i have TMJ

so let me introduce myself , im 29 years old . ive suffered from floaters back and fourth during my life. however i feel like its increased this past few years , what symptoms are:
i have floaters , i mean not like 10 or 20 of them just a few in ear eye
in my right eye ive noticed this swirling floater like thing when i try tofocus on it , it moves away or if im looking to the right i see it in my feild of vision) , and when i look in bright light is when i see it also

the swirling thing is what concerns me the most btw

also i suffer from tmj ( induced by i think anxiety and tension , when i wake up in the morning my shoulders and neck is super tense )
ive noticed more floaters when i have tension in neck and shoulders also

when my neck and shoulders and jaw isnt tense i barely see them ( still see the swirling thing but not as vivid )

my upper cervical neck area is so tight i have to manual crack my neck every 15 mins ...
my jaw on right side (where most of my pain and vision issues(like the swirling floater thing is pops and cracks
the right side of my neck and jaw is the main issue
i grind my teeth and bite t my cheek cause of anxeity...
ive always had anxiety my whole life however the vision issues scare me
i read up on bad stuff like brain tumor ... stroke ...

i have been to ophthmologist three times last year . they did extensive test to measure retina and optic nerve, DR says my eye vision is fine " sometimes people have weird eye vision issues" and says nothing vascular is wrong .. but still it scares me for the worst case problems
has anyone had floaters or weird swilling /flashing stuff before?

also i have small headaches , which only come on when my neck hurts.. thats all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
7L0A3
(female)

7L0A3 HB User
Re: weird vision issues, swirling, flashing, floaters and i have TMJ

I have had and continue to have many of the issues you describe. I was told by my dentist when I was 19 that I had tmj and at first, I didn't believe it. Fast forward 20 years, several night guards, 3 crowns, and enough jaw, face and neck pain for another 20 years, I definitely have tmj. I never had visual issues from the tmj, but I have had the same floaters, swirlies and stars. I had vision checks and was told my vision was just fine and to follow up with a neurologist. As it turns out, those visual issues were the symptom that enabled them to find out that I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS). I was relieved to hear that it was just MS and not a tumor or something else. You might want to see if you can go get checked out by a neurologist. Good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety disorder, floaters, tmj disorder, vision abnormality