It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• Does this sound like TMJ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
    redheadj
    (male)

redheadj HB User
    Does this sound like TMJ?

Hey everyone, hoping to get some advice.

Timeline of events

Last week of January I get the flu

Week later flu has gone but 11th Feb I begin to feel an ache in my lower left jaw. I originally thought it might have been a molar growing through (I've got one in mouth after having 3 extracted in my teens)

Across next week the ache continued on and off, moving to right side of jaw too, as well as feeling aches behind ears and down back of neck

16th Feb I bought myself a night mouth guard that I started to wear at night. Across the next few days the ache turned into more of a stiffness and seemed to have gone by Feb 23rd.

5th March - Started to feel discomfort under chin on left hand side (near styloglossus), as well as aches in sternal head muscles in neck

7th March - Constant achiness throughout day on either side of face, particularly behind ears and around the back of my head (seemed to subside when I went to gym)

Trying to wear over the ear headphones has caused ache in head, causing me to stop wearing them.

Had my ears cleaned in mid December (using a mini vacuum, that caused me to feel dizzy for a few days afterwards) and I do know at least 2 fillings in the top right of my mouth which I need to get sorted once I can afford it.

These past few days the jaw has been dipping in and out of aching. But today I've been feeling a little light headed too.

I do suffer with anxiety, and do have a doctors appointment next week, but hoping for some advice as I'm terrified it's something sinister.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2018, 05:14 AM   #2
    Ahmad56
    (male)

Ahmad56 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like TMJ?

Hi redheadj ..
    From what i understand is that your symptoms comes and goes, you have to get a formal diagnosis to role out if it's a tmj or not get an appointment with the oral and maxilo facial and don't let them take you as a joke and throw some pills at you like mine, you're not alone, keep fighting. Much love 💛

Reply Reply