It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

Can anyone translate my MRI results?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
jasxo
(female)

jasxo HB User
Question Can anyone translate my MRI results?

To make a long story short, the left side of my jaw has been stuck for over a year. The right side has been stuck for months now. So my entire mouth is unable to open.

I got an MRI on my jaw last week and I've just received the results. They don't look too promising but I don't know *exactly* what they mean.

If anyone happens to be knowledgeable about TMJ terminology and can let me know I would be extremely thankful.

Results are below...

Left TMJ Joint: The articular disc is dislocated anteroinferiorly to the 8:00 position. The disc is not well seen and likely degenerated or torn. There is no recapture with mouth opening.

Right TMJ Joint: The articular disc is dislocated anteroinferiorly to the 8:00 position. There is no recapture with jaw opening. There is limited excursion of the mandibular condyle which does not reach the apex of the articular eminence.

Any feedback in simple terms would be great. Thank you so much for any help with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2018, 07:51 AM   #2
Ahmad56
(male)

Ahmad56 HB User
Re: Can anyone translate my MRI results?

hi.. hope you doing well..

since you've done your MRI ... i think for my experience was no dislocation of my discs yet .. it was a severe muscle issue that affected my jaw since my bite is so bad..

but for you, i think an invasive procedure is a must ... I did Arthrocentesis for my both joints .. range of motion now is significantly better but the pain is there .. however, it's less than it used to be like i can't go to work and function not like i used to be sitting in my room crying from this pain ... follow up your appointments see what your physician say about your condition..
and try to find what started all this mess ... is it a wisdom extraction like mine or a trauma or emotional stress ??

ice packs 3 times a day for 15 mins will benefits you for sure
and for me i used my plastic mouthguard 24 /7 and my bottom plastic retainer to keep the teeth not rubbing together ...
i hope you feel well soon ... all love

Reply Reply