It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• Any help or advice please ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
    mackin92
    (male)

mackin92 HB User
    Any help or advice please ?

Hi everyone,

I believe I have some sort of tmj disc issue, that im adamant is the cause of my horrible tinnitus since getting hit in the ear/tmj area 2 and a half years ago. Ive seen audioligsts and ent rule out any damage to my ears through mri scans and hearing tests that indicate I have excellent hearing.

However my fixation with tinnitus coming from my ears has blinded me that the real issue may be my tmj. I have a clicking/grating noise on closure, but no click on opening, (which I believe is a sign of anterior disc displacement with reduction), no real pain and about 40mm of mouth opening, however I constanly have ringing, ear fullness and pain.

Last week I discovered a lump just infront of my ear/on tmj area that ive never found before that feels like cartlidge ontop of the condyle. Im now starting to wonder if its actually my tmj disc I can feel sticking out.

Is this possible that it could be my disc im feeling or some sort ligaments and what could I do to try and treat this ?

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
    SG24
    (female)

SG24 HB User
    Re: Any help or advice please ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mackin92 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I believe I have some sort of tmj disc issue, that im adamant is the cause of my horrible tinnitus since getting hit in the ear/tmj area 2 and a half years ago. Ive seen audioligsts and ent rule out any damage to my ears through mri scans and hearing tests that indicate I have excellent hearing.

However my fixation with tinnitus coming from my ears has blinded me that the real issue may be my tmj. I have a clicking/grating noise on closure, but no click on opening, (which I believe is a sign of anterior disc displacement with reduction), no real pain and about 40mm of mouth opening, however I constanly have ringing, ear fullness and pain.

Last week I discovered a lump just infront of my ear/on tmj area that ive never found before that feels like cartlidge ontop of the condyle. Im now starting to wonder if its actually my tmj disc I can feel sticking out.

Is this possible that it could be my disc im feeling or some sort ligaments and what could I do to try and treat this ?

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks
    You could get an MRI of your TMJ, that way you'd know more.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:16 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Any help or advice please ?

Go see an Oral Surgeon... a specialized dentist who is able to preform the right tests- and treat TMJ.

Your dentist can recommend one to you.

Reply Reply