It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• TMJ-Fat Graft Surgery

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
    Sooner23
    (female)

Sooner23 HB User
    TMJ-Fat Graft Surgery

Has anyone had this surgery and can tell me the pros and cons? I'm looking at either a Total Joint Replacement (TJR) or a Disectomy with fat graft. I had a previous orthognathic surgery (le fort I osteotomy) and I rejected the plates and the pain has gotten out of control. I'm nervous about a failed TJR because then I won't have any joint left to work with but also fearful of the fat graft failing. Does anyone have any feedback or know anyone who had surgery and failed or had a failed TJR? Thank you!

Last edited by Sooner23; 09-01-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Is surgery really my last hope? FreeMe14 TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 10 11-08-2019 05:42 AM
    TMJ disorder with trigeminal pain Japaliankid2 TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 0 07-17-2014 03:12 AM
    My UPDATED experience with Toe Fusion Surgery (8th week and counting) Mark27606 Foot & Ankle Problems 0 08-03-2012 09:57 AM
    Good TMJ Summary I found........... mdla TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 3 10-19-2003 02:02 PM