It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• TMJ caused by Bruxism (Grinding)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-23-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
    Mongooose8840

Mongooose8840 HB User
    Exclamation TMJ caused by Bruxism (Grinding)

Been grinding teeth for as long can remember. About 2 years ago started having extreme dizziness and ear fullness finally after going to 10 doctors went to Johns Hopkins and was diagnosed with Patulous eustachian tube (PET).
    I believe that years of grinding caused PET as well as extreme fatigue, drowsiness, and migraines. I have been to 4 different dentists and tried mouth night guard that goes on front teeth only. This seems to make ligaments and pain around or near jaw joints. One dentist basically said she couldn't help me since the front splint did not make symptoms better another dentist basically said only option was for botox injections.
    I believe if i could stop grinding then the ringing in ears and pain around jaw would go away i've been trying dry needling with chiropractor but it has not been as helpful as i hoped.
    An MRI was done 6 months ago and showed my discs were in place but were worn down, I'm assuming due to all the night time grinding.
    I'm not sure what mouth guard to wear ive got front only or full guards but not matter what I wake up with a dull pain. Im not sure how to stop the grinding at night and really do not want botox injections as that doesn't fix root cause of problem.
    Has anyone else found a good solution to these issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply