It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• Twitching Tongue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
    artj1977

artj1977 HB User
    Twitching Tongue?

I haven't talked to my doctor yet, but I'm pretty sure that I have Either TMJ or Bruxism.
    My first symptom was a tingling sensation at the tip of my tongue about seven months ago. It comes and gos. It usually starts about an hour after I get up in the morning and lasts off and on for a couple of hours. It only happens a few times a week. It never happens at home, only at work. Not sure if stress could be a factor as well.
    Other symptoms are: constant grinding of teeth. I've noticed when I'm stressed I grind worse. I'll catch myself either grinding or clinching all throughout the day. When I wake up in the morning I have notches in my tongue from where i've pushed it into my clinched teeth all night.
    I've noticed a couple of times in the past couple of weeks that my jaw hurt when I woke up in the morning. The jaw pain is very rare, though it always feel tight and never relaxed.
    I've noticed alot of tension headaches as well lately.

I guess my biggest worry is the twitching tongue. When it first started I thought that maybe it was going numb. But after a few times, I noticed that when I placed my tongue on the the top of my bottom teeth, I could feel it twitch. It's kinda like when your eye lid twitches.
    It freaked me out so I got on the net and started searching. I found alot on MS and ALS. But I show no symptoms of either beside the tongue problem. Then I started reading about TMJ and thought that maybe that was my problem...

Not too sure and am a little scared to go to the doctor, but I will.
    Is ther anyone out there that has heard of similiar problems with their tongue?

Thanks,
    Art

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread