It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• Tmj and Aspartame

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
    kikaida01

kikaida01 HB User
    Tmj and Aspartame

I have been addicted to diet pepsi for about 8 years. I normally would drink anywhere between a liter or more per day. But until 8 months ago I started having all kind of health problems ranging from tmj, hyperthyroidism and liver problems. When I quit drinking the diet pepsi my health problems all went away including the tmj. Then about a month ago I started drinking diet pepsi again. Then the tmj came back. I decided to stop drinking sodas again. I went through mean withdrawals from headaches, jaw pain, fatigue, etc. Its been almost 3 weeks since I quit drinking the diet sodas and my tmj is going away. I am NOT going to drink or eat anything that has aspartame in it from now on. I do believe the apartame caused my tmj and other health problems. If anyone thinks the aspartame was not the cause then how can anyone explain when I drink diet pepsi the tmj flares up and when I am off of it I have no tmj.

I am not here trying to tell people not to drink diet sodas but to drink in moderations, unlike me who drank too excessively.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
    analog2000
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

analog2000 HB User
    Re: Tmj and Aspartame

Did it have caffeine in it?

Old 11-01-2004, 10:35 AM   #3
    kikaida01

kikaida01 HB User

I do drink a lot of caffeine and it doesn't affect me. It's the aspartame that's the cause. If you want more information regarding aspartame and tmj, try doing a search on the internet under tmj, aspartame and you will see a few things written up on it. You can also do a search on Aspartame Poisoning. Aspartame does affect the joints in the body as well as other body functions and cause a lot of health problems not right away but in the future.

Last edited by kikaida01; 11-01-2004 at 10:37 AM.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
    kikaida01

kikaida01 HB User

I never stopped drinking caffeine. I only stopped consuming aspartame. I still drink a lot of ice tea, coffees, regular pepsi and coke and I haven't had a problem. It all has caffeine in it. But my doctor was the one who made the suggestion for me to stop using aspartame and when I did within three weeks majority of my health problems disappeared. My doctor did tell me that some people are allergic to aspartame, msg, and caffeine as well. But try drinking about one to two liters of diet colas per day for over eight years and hardly drink water. That will eventually harm your body like one who is an alcoholic. The only permanent damage I have as a result of consuming too chemicals in my system is liver damage.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that everyone who consumes a lot of aspartame health will be affected but there are a lot of people who's health has been affected due to aspartame usage. Surf the web and you will see. My own psychologist gave me an article two years ago about how aspartame can cause damage to our health but I really never took her seriously. But now I do! Some health problems are reversable and some aren't. Just beware.

Closed Thread