It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• It hurts to open my mouth...why???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    It hurts to open my mouth...why???

I try to brush my teeth and tongue but when I open my mouth to stick my tongue out to brush it....it hurts on one side. If it doesn't hurt to open my mouth, it hurts to close it. Is this part of TMJ? I can pinpoint the pain at times other times, it's hard to find but mostly it's on my right side between my cheek bone and by my ear. My ear has been throbbing inside too. Doesn't hurt, but it is annoying as heck! Also, my lower eyelid at times twitches too and I sometimes have mild ear pain. Is this what TMJ is really like? I couldn't tell if it was a sinus infection or not because I didn't have the typical sinus infection symptoms. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Re: It hurts to open my mouth...why???

I'm alone on this!!!!

Old 02-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
    Robbie26
    (female)

Robbie26 HB User

i have been experiancing the same exact symptoms as you. i have not been diagnosed with tmj, but i know i have it. it all started with my right jaw being very tense, and i would crack it to relieve the tenseness. this went on for about a month. well one day i went to crack it and it cracked really loud and it hurt. it became sore for about a week untill one day i couldnt touch my back teeth with my bottom teeth. with the pain there was no more jaw popping (cracking). this has been going on now for about 2 months. about a week ago it stopped hurting, i can open, close, chew, whatever. but the jaw cracking came back!! now im scared that the pain will come back worse than ever (when and if) it comes back. another thing thats weird....before all of this, my upper eye-lid would twich also. not sure which eyelid now, but the jaw pain is on the right side. i also feel a weird feeling in my right ear sometimes. the only way i can describe that is a feeling of movement or something, kind of like a tickle... i dont know, its weird. the reason i responded to your post is because i felt like i could relate to you. i hope you reply back soon!!

Old 02-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

I get a throbbing noise IN my ear. Doesn't hurt, but it is sure annoying! Do you get that as well? Do you experience headaches too? I was told that I have TMJ on my right side, but my symptoms have always been on my left side, does that sound right?

Old 02-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
    Robbie26
    (female)

Robbie26 HB User

i dont know how to describe the ear thing....its kinda like a wiggly feeling like somethings in my ear. its really weird and ANNOYING as heck. i do experience headaches, but i always have my whole life, (im a 26 yr old female by the way). headaches run in my family along with migraines. but...they have become more frequent ive noticed. it doesnt sound right that ur symptoms r on the left side but u have tmj on ur right. although i havent been diagnosed. my pain is in my right side only too.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

Hmmm....anyone else been diagnosed with TMJ on one side and have had the symptoms on the other???

Closed Thread