It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

meditation, you are in my prayers

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
TiffanyAnn
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
meditation, you are in my prayers

Hi meditation:
I know your surgery is tomorrow and I just wanted to tell you that you are in my prayers and will be all day tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck in your surgery.
Hugs,
Tiffany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
Michelle W
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User
Re: meditation, you are in my prayers

I will be praying for you and your surgeon tomorrow and tonight.

Best wishes,

Michelle

Old 10-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
Michelle W
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User

Has anyone heard anything about Meditation? It has been six days.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
rubato
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

No, but I'm worried too. I'm hoping she's just putting all her energy into recovery.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #5
CherylL24
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylL24 HB UserCherylL24 HB UserCherylL24 HB User

Mediation........Check in when you're able to.

We've been pulling here for you.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
meditation
(female)

meditation HB User

Hi, everyone.

Its' been one week post op.

The surgery took close to 8 hours. I was a wreck the night before and the morning of, of course. I think I was scaring everyone who was awaiting to have surgery. I couldn't stop crying in the waiting area.

My veins didn't cooperate. My arms are both black and blue. My friend thinks I had to be restrained, or something...because there appears to be a hand print on my right arm. ---even with the relaxation meds...don't think I was calm.

I went into surgery about 8am and came out close to 5pm. I was told my joints were horrible. So, at least there was some consolation....

Other than the surgery being long...it went as well as could be expected. I spent the entire night wired. They actually released me the next day. I told them I wanted to rest at home.

Stayed up in gainesville for a night, to make sure I was close to the hospital...in an emergency.

The pain is totally undescribable, at this point. There is an immense pressure and throbbing pain in my jaw. Usually only sleep about 1-2 hrs. a day/night. My face...well, I don't look like me, right now. I have two metal bars inside my mouth to stabilize the joint, for now. The rubber bands broke...and, instead of getting the bars out this Friday, they will be keeping them in longer....I have to go up and get the rubber bands replaced.

Just trying to hang in, at this point. The liquid morphine, roxicett, and Lortab are not helping the pain..at all. So, we'll see.

I am staying with someone who, God, has been an angel to me. He pushes me, at the right time...and, who knows when to hold my hand.

I am hoping this works, my fingers are still crossed. Right now though, its' just about surviving each day

So, again, thank you for all of your kind thoughts and prayers...and, please, keep them coming....

I'll keep in touch, as much as I can.....the pain, the inability to talk, the lightheadedness and dizziness...may prevent me at times to communicate...and, I apologize.

Take care,
Meditation

Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
TiffanyAnn
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User

**********{Meditation}}}}}
I hope my hug wasn't too tight that it caused you to hurt more. I am so happy that you felt well enough to post this reply. You have been in my prayers daily. In fact, every time I think of you I say a little prayer that you are doing ok. I can only imagine how much pain you are in. Glad I never considered surgery. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and I hope that you get to feeling a little better each day. Thank God for your friend who is helping you out. I know that has to be such a relief. Please keep us updated as to how you are doing. Hang in there.
Hugs,
Tiffany

Old 10-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
rubato
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Oh, I am so glad you posted. I was so worried about you. I'm sorry you are feeling so horribly right now. My son and I have also been keeping you in our prayers. We'll keep it up. This will be a very long, painful process. Just take it day by day. If you feel better tomorrow than you did today, that's progress, right? Let us all know when you can how you're doing.
Tandy

Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
Michelle W
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User

Wow, I can't believe you went home the next day. Bless your soul! I was told I would have to be at Baylor Hopsital for four days. The first night in ICU.

I am glad you made it through the surgery. When things get clearer and you are able to post I would so like to know all the details of the preop preparation, acutal details of the surgery they shared with you and post operative period. I would like to hear everything you have to say about the surgery.

I have been told I need a TJR with the Concepts. Did you ever see a TMJ Concepts person from the company. Did they talk with you face to face?

I am sorry I will save my questions for later.

I really hope you do well and that God is watching out for you. Bless your true friends heart for helping you; you are blessed to have such a wonderful friend in you life. I am praying for you.

Love,
Michelle

Old 10-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #10
meditation
(female)

meditation HB User

Michelle,

I was told I would be in the hospital for 3 days. For me, it was like a push... I've been in hospitals too many times to count throughout my life. And, I didn't want to be there too long.

This is my account. I don't want you to think it is for anyone else...everyone has their own recovery time.

I got up almost immediately...and, walked around the recovery room. My friend helped me. And, again, God he is an angel. I got up because I knew, although hard as it was, the sooner I got up the better. I forced myself...and, know this, I am a stubborn girl.

My surgery was eight hours, and I suffered a lot of trauma. But, I wanted to recover at home. Because the surgery was so long, they had to keep cuffs on my legs to prevent blood clots. They gave me blood thinners.

As a lot of great people on this site have told me, Faith..... that's what helped me. I walked a lot that night. And, I probably should have had the PCA pump that was ordered for me. Long story why I didn't. But, with hindsight, I wish I did.

My doctor's okayed me to leave, because I was up and moving all night and drinking lots of fluids.

My mouth wasn't 'wired shut'. But, I had arch bars in my mouth with rubber bands preventing me from sudden movements (Just got them out yesterday)

I will keep in touch with you over the next months to let you know how I am progressing.

The surgery wasn't easy. Of course, no surgery is. I just mean to say that all my others were a cakewalk compared to this.

They've put me on Lortab, Roxicett, Morphine, and Tylox for the pain....of course, it isn't touching it..at this point. The valium helps me get a couple of hours of sleep a night, to which I am thankful.

I don't want to scare you or anyone about this procedure. I am hoping it diminishes the pain, from before. That is my hope.

Right now, it is just too early to say how I am. I cry a lot. I feel absolutely weak (which is normal for such a surgery).

This may be strange.. But, I feel sad. For the past year and a half, I've wondered who I am. The education I attained. The career I've worked for. I wonder who I am. I haven't been out in ages. Most people have shied away from me. My family....well, let's just say this....hardly no one called to make sure I was okay following surgery. (they all made up some lame excuse)

I just am wondering if what I've worked for...for so long is even worth it. And, I wonder who this vulnerable, yet strong, woman is....that's all.

I am under the belief that the holidays will be hard, this year. But, I am also holding onto faith.....that next year will be better

I am hanging in, just trying to get through each day. Trying to relax...to take deep breaths and pray that this is temporary.

Again, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot.
Take care out there,
Meditation

Old 10-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #11
Shirlett
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User

Mediation,

Hang in there you are on the road to recovery and I really hope a much better quality of life than before. He sure does LOVE them arch bars doesn't he!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had mine on for four weeks so you are lucky! Focus on the healing of your body from this surgery. To me when the swelling all went away I looked differant. No wrinkles no laugh lines and my face was full again. The first time I bent over to tie my shoes I thought I was going to fall over head first from the weight in my face. YOU will have to adjust to have working joints again and you have A LOT of people pulling for you. Take each day a a time and find ONE thing that makes you happy and is POSITIVE everyday about yourself since you have had the surgery. For me as the swelling went down so did my pain level so I hope the same for you. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! AGAIN...I am sooooooooooooo SORRY I was out of the loop. I almost cried when I read your post. I am so sorry I was not there for you before you went in to surgery and I am so glad everything went well for you. PLEASE try and stay positive. I know it is hard and if you need to cry do so but look forward and not backwards. You have just taken a huge step forward and that is the ONLY way for you to go!
Shirlett

Old 10-30-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
Michelle W
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User

We are still praying for you.

Hang on,

Michelle

Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #13
Shirlett
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User

Mediation,

I have not seen you post in a few days. I hope your recovery is going VERY WELL! Hang in there. How are you feeling? I hope each day is a little better for you. Just remember you have been through a tuff surgery and you will recovery in slow time. Just hang in there. I see Dr. D. on 12/16 to "discuss" putting my left side back in to take the excess pressure off my right implant. I am sending you positive energy so just hang in there. In two months you will look back and go "WOW"! Look how far you have come since the first of October! As I wrote on another post I am trying to check the board everyday just in case you have any questions I might be able to help you with. AGAIN, I am soooo sorry I was out of the loop before you went in. But I am here now!
Take Care of YOURSELF and just remember and REMIND yourself you have ALOT of people on this board pulling for you!!!!!!!!!! You will make it!!!!!!!
Shirlett

Last edited by Shirlett; 11-02-2005 at 09:14 PM.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
meditation
(female)

meditation HB User

Shirlett,

Hi. I am really trying to hang in there.
My next appt. with Dr. D is on 12/2.
The pain is excruitiating. It just doesn't seem to be giving me a break. None of the medications are helping and not sleeping at all.

I can at least open more, which is at least one good thing.

I go to my pain mgmt. doctor next week to discuss options for the pain.
I just feel so weak. It hurts to do everything and I just hope this stops.

Not having a good day, just feeling down. I know this was major surgery and I know it is a gamble. I just didn't expect this, at all. I don't look like me. I don't feel like me. And, I am scared. I cry all the time....because the pain is horrible.

Don'tcha keep apologizing...it is okay. We all have our things going on.

But, at this moment, I am hanging in. That's all we can ever do, right?

Take care,
Meditation

Old 11-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #15
Shirlett
Veteran
(female)

I am been there. You will NOT look like yourself, you will NOT feel like yourself and I thought the pain after the implants were put in was the WORST I EVER FELT. BUT!!!!!!!! It DID get better. It was slow BUT it DID get better. Hang in there. Lets hope at Christmas time you will be well on the road to recovery and can look back at now. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! Focus on healing. You have a lot of people pulling for you. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! It is just a slow road. Cry if you need to but the more you heal the better you will feel. And yes that is some VERY intense pain after that surgery but it will get better. It takes time. Hang in there! I am here if you need anything.
Shirlett

Closed Thread