It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

TMJ headache

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Tattooall
Inactive
(female)

Tattooall HB User
TMJ headache

Since September I have been getting a constant pressure headache on the top left side of my head. Some days are worse than others. It feels like something is pushing/squeezing in that spot all the time. Also lately I have been getting a stiff neck and stiff jaw.

My dentist thinks it is wisdom teeth so I am going for a consultation on Feb. 28th. I'm scared to get the teeth out, especially if I do and the headaches remain. Can TMJ cause this type of headache?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
taylorsmom93
(female)

taylorsmom93 HB User
Re: TMJ headache

That sounds like what I go thru quite often. My worries abt headaches brought me to this site. It sounds normal for me, Especially the neck. My neck feels tight all the time. Good luck at the dentist.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
Tattooall
Inactive
(female)

Tattooall HB User

Thanks taylorsmom. I am so fed up with this headache. My wedding is on July 8th and I really hope to be rid of them by then. I'm just beside myself with worry. I really dont like dentists or doctors so it's hard for me to get myself in to see one over this.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:29 AM   #4
taylorsmom93
(female)

taylorsmom93 HB User

I know how you feel. Congratulations on your wedding! And just go to the dentist...they are scary. BUT, You can try to stop it before it gets any worse.Some of these posts on here worry me. My TMJ isn't as bad as alot of ppl here, and mine can get pretty bad. I hope it all goes well for you. And just think..After the dentist, your wedding day headache can be because of nerves and stress, not TMJ!

Old 02-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
VA-GAL
(female)

VA-GAL HB User

If you do have TMJ and have your wisdom teeth removed, beware, the removal can make your TMJ alot worse. In fact, that is how my TMJ started. While having the wisdom teeth extracted, you have to have you mouth opened very wide and there is a lot of pulling and tugging and alot of torque required to get those teeth out. It would be well worth the time and effort to have a proper diagnosis of the TMJ problems BEFORE having the wisdom teeth removed. If your current oral surgeon or dentist (whoever is taking out your wisdom teeth) will not take the time to give you a full TMJ work up, I would strongly recommend you find someone else. You have a wedding coming up and you do not need this possible TMJ problem being blown into full blown mode by wisdom teeth extraction. I am not trying to scare you, but warn you. Take the extra time to see someone about a diagnosis first. You will thank yourself afterwards, beleive me. Its been 2 and a half years since I had my wisdom teeth removed and I am still kicking myself everyday for doing it. I really did not need to have them out. They were fully grown in, not causing any problems and I let myself be talked into it by an oral surgeon who was seeing for another reason.

Good luck and please see someone about your TMJ. You just may save yourself alot of heartache and pain.

Va-gal

Old 02-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Biscuit7
(female)

Biscuit7 HB User

I'm having the same pulling sensation on my right side. My dentist tells me my bite is off and I'm using more of the muslces on one side than the other.
He's going to run some more test to relax those muscles, but he indicated that I could possibly have pain all the way down to my neck/shoulder area because of the excessive use of the muscles to one side. I would wait and get a second opinion about your wisdom teeth. I still have all mine and that is not the problem. I had a root canal done last year and I believe this is why my bite is off. You need to find a dentist who specializes in Myofacial pain. It's really interesting stuff. Best of luck to you !!!!

Closed Thread