It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

Those w/tmj and fibro

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
luv2read
Veteran
(female)

luv2read HB User
Those w/tmj and fibro

There's not a single joint or muscle that is spared. From head to toe there is pain and stiffness.

Those w/fibro and tmj: I would explain my fibro symptoms the same way I explain my tmj symptoms, would you?

The jaw gets stiff-painful-hard to move when used and when not used also.

With fibro, every joint and muscle does this also. Fingers, hands, arms, legs, neck, toes, feet, etc......

What's the connection?? I wonder why some people have tmj and not fibro also, and some of us have tmj and fibro??

Just curious....either one is not fun at all !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Biyak123
(female)

Biyak123 HB User
Re: Those w/tmj and fibro

Do you have other TMJ symptoms? I have Fibro. and am experiencing TMJ symptoms.
-jaw stiff and sore.
-ear pain.
-temple ache and throb.
-eye ache and light sensitive.

LUV2READ I would really like to hear from you.

BIYA

Old 02-24-2006, 01:06 AM   #3
luv2read
Veteran
(female)

luv2read HB User
Re: Those w/tmj and fibro

My tmj symptoms are:

stiff joints
pain & popping when eating like dohnuts, steak, anything chewy-hard
both eyes are stiff upon movement , pressure behind eyes
whole face and head/neck tight 24/7 - worse upon stress
ears feel clogged 24/7
one side of nose feels clogged 24/7- will switch sides at times
Light sensitivity big time
Head feels very heavy
Jaw will start to lock and not open all the way if I'm at the dentist too long.

Dx'd w/fibro 1996 and then tmj , endometriosis, gerd soon after
I was perfectly fine before this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 AM   #4
soultraveller2
(female)

soultraveller2 HB User
Angry Re: Those w/tmj and fibro

ohhhhhhh can you please tell me what the popping feeling in your ears feel like
i do not have to hold my nose and blow to pop ears if i open my mouth and breath out or pant i get a sqelchy air release sound and pressure dies down other times my ears seem to lock up';it is to do with the sternacleida muscles being tight in your neck i think, i also get tinittus and my jaw feels like it has been pulled up or over but it is not visible when someone looks at your face
strange symptoms come and go and i find it hard to believe that tmj could be doing this
soultraveller2

Old 03-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
camiii
(female)

camiii HB User
hi,
I have been diagnosed with fm, and possibly have tmj.

One of my first, and worst symptoms of the first 4 months was stabbing/burning ear pain with stuffiness and popping and related nausea. During this period a physical therapist said I had tmj (this was when I had no diagnosis)

For Soultraveller - imagine the stuffiness of a bad cold - pressured, waxy, kind of like you have something very thick in your ear, then imagine the tmj/fm takes that, dips it in honey and stuffs it back in your ear. So next, take the blob of thick sticky honey-wax that's in your ear, and send it back to prehistoric times where there is some random geological function going on inside your blob making thick, slow bubbles in it. That's the popping.

The bubbles usually feel very deep inside the ear, but most burst before they make it all the way through the blob to the air outside the ear, which I found very irritating because my brain thinks "oooohh maybe this bubble will release the stuffiness because that's what happens when ears pop after plane rides", but that doesn't happen and the popping continues.

The only thing that actually released all the stuffiness was when I would put a heating pad on my ear, although almost as soon as the heat was removed, the prehistoric blob would go straight back to its home in my ear.

And then one day a few months ago my tenant, the blob, decided I was insane (refer to the paragraphs above if you are unsure), and vacated the ear, leaving only occaisonal pain, full hearing capabilities, and an eye that was heartbroken over the loss of her friends - Itchy, Red, and Conjunctivitis...obviously blob did not get its security deposit back (wow - I need help)

At this point my insanity-mobile zapped me into the future where i met my tenents...little aliens with big laser guns! There were too many of them for my vacant ear, so they now reside in my right leg, where they always have at least one good citizen shooting at my knee causing burning pain.

...I had some other things to write about, but the loony patrol just issued me a citation!

Closed Thread