It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

Tandy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
Shirlett
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User
Tandy

Tandy,

Hey how are you? We went over to Walton County and I thought about you. The beach is packed today for the Mardi Gras Parade out on the beach and after rain all day yesterday today the weather is beautiful. Must be some tourist here we saw some people in the water swimming and you will not catch a local in the water unless they are a surfer. PLease let me know how you are doing.
Shirlett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
rubato
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User
Re: Tandy

Hi Shirlett. Things are great here. I went to the doctor Thursday for my 1 year post op visit and am in almost no pain again. I rated my left side at a 0 and my right side at a 2. I had a 45 mm opening. I still have tons of grinding and crunching sounds when I open my mouth, but so what? It doesn't hurt, so I won't worry about it. My doctor said that it would just be that way for life, and we need to just focus on pain management when and if it starts hurting. He seems to think that I will not need any more surgery. After reading Meditations posts, I'm happy to not have to deal with that stuff.

So, how have you been? Are you still happy with your decision to put off surgery? I am so jealous of that beach right now. We're planning our spring break vacation, and are going to Galveston, so at least I will see the beach this year. It stinks living in Kansas sometimes! But, we're stuck for awhile yet. Maybe forever, who knows? Keep me posted on how you're doing.

Tandy

Old 03-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Shirlett
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User

I am so HAPPY for you!!! I will continue to send you positive energy!! No, I am still not ready for surgery. Just blasted off a long e-mail to Dr. D. explaining my little issues and why I just am not ready to take the surgery plunge again. I was told that since I know what kind of pain to expect after the implant surgery from my last go aroundd that MAYBE the pain might not be as bad or I could wake up with pain like i had last time. I feel so bad for mediation because I know what kind pain she was/is in and me...well I am not ready to go from little to no pain to severe knee bucking make you vomit can not breathe pain. PLUS (big plus) right now (I might find out at the end of this week) it does not look as if I have enough bone to attach a new left implant which means anouther rib graft reconstruction, then healing then the implant surgery. I am not having any major problems with just having the right implant in. I was eating so much that I gained almost 22 pounds and now have lost 14 of them and intend to loose more. So almost no pain, I cn eat and I have a little function, nothing to complain about. I am getting worried about the summer and the beach, I have left the house twice now over the last week when we were in the mid 70's and forgot to take my hair down and I can not go anywhere without someone asking me what happened to me. So yesterday...was NOT the day to ask and I told the lady behind me in line that someone had tried to kill me and I did not want to talk about it. So when I got back home I looked again to see if maybe all my scars had somehow changed and became even more noticeable and did not see anything. My facial structure is changing again and most likely due to I have NOTHING on the left side but a black hole and I think the skin is sinking in more and that may be making my scars more noticeable.
You enjoy your spring break in Texas! Alot of kids come here to hang out onthe beach so we are leaving and going to Six Flags in GA for four days and I am going to ride everything I can. I told my kids do not be shocked if I push them out of the way! HAHA
Take Care Tandy!
Shirlett

Old 03-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
rubato
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

I'm almost crying I'm laughing so hard! The scar thing is hilarious! I remember after just having open joint, I was so proud of how small my scar was considering what they did, so I showed it to everyone. Some of my friends would look sad and say "Oh honey, I'm so sorry!" which of course, just made me mad! I like the attempted murder explanation! That's good.

Well, we've changed our spring break plans again. Now, we're going to Galveston, but getting right on a cruise ship. So, instead of laying on the beach in Texas, I'll be in Mexico!!!!!!We're also talking to a realtor right now. We've been looking, and the absolute cheapest beachfront real estate is in Galveston. So, who knows? It'll probably never happen for us, but I think we're going to set up a few appointments while we're down there. Wish us luck!

Have fun on your trip. I love roller coasters. My doc says no but I don't care. I also love boats, trampolines, and running, so what does he know? Enjoy and let me know how things are going when you're back!

Tandy

[Please do not use cuss/slang words. Writing "just made me mad" or something similar is preferred. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 03-08-2006 at 06:53 PM.

Closed Thread