It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

Face Numbness with TMJ?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
windymoon
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User
Face Numbness with TMJ?

Two years ago after being treated for tmj, I recover and almost had full function again. I still wear my splint at night and have tried to be careful eating etc. Last month my jaw locked up again. I have felt a numbness from my ear down to my lip and face pain (very bad face pain at times) plus it seems my cheek is swollen since when I look down I can see my cheek but it does not look swollen. Just can't stand this anymore. Since my oral surgery no longer carries my insurance I will have to find another doctor and travel over a hour
In the mean time I saw a neurologist last week, he did not seem concern at all, but since I bugged him he will be doing some nerve testing next week. He did test my face with a needle and since I could feel it he said it wasn't numb. Just wondering what you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
sunflower8
(female)

sunflower8 HB User
Re: Face Numbness with TMJ?

For the past 2 weeks, my cheeks have had a "crawling/warm" sensation. Not numb or tingling....just a strange fuzzy feeling. Very hard to describe. My ears have been popping/feel stuffy off and on throughout the day. Below both ears, side of my jaw, feels hot and swollen. My right side is worst than my left today. I have been using a night gaurd for the past 2 months and really have not seen any improvements....if anything, I think it has made my mouth worst. How is that possible???

Everyday I seem to have some complaint: either feeling out of it/spacey, "skin crawling" sensation, stuffy/full/popping ears, sinus pain in cheeks/eyebrow/corner of eyes, eye headache, I was having really bad temporal headaches but thankfully this symptom has subsided for the past 3 months , my Right jaw pops/clicks every time I eat, and my jaw feels tired all the time. I have to really make an effort to open my mouth as far as I can.

Can anyone relate to any of these strange feelings??

Old 04-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Face Numbness with TMJ?

I can - I am having the exact same problems with facial tingling, not being to open my mouth, always feeling like my jaw is being pulled on one side or the other, ringing in my ears, one minute everything sounds too loud and the next everything sounds muffled. I am having trouble concentrating or focusing too. I always feel out of it even though I try and limit the meds I take for pain. Will this ever go away? Its been 2 years now.

Closed Thread