It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• anyone with tmj get muscle twitches in the foot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
    faith7777
    (female)

faith7777 HB User
    anyone with tmj get muscle twitches in the foot

i have tmj and i started getting muscle twitches in my foot it seem almost constant does not hurt just very annoying , i also hear my heart beat in my ear any one with tmj get this ..... please respond it seem like doctors dont understand anything about tmj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
    Thelma-Louise
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
    Re: anyone with tmj get muscle twitches in the foot

It is related - ( I had it in my thigh and calf muscles) you are just not finding the right drs. I had the same problem but once I found drs that at least recognized strange and seemingly unrelated symtoms as part of a bigger problem stemming from jaw dysfunction it put my mind to rest and I stopped thinking I was crazy - plus they knew where the trigger points were that were causing them - getting it to stop though can take various trial and error methods of adjusting and balancing the bite and the body (c-spine, pelvis, sphenoid, etc).

Try searching for a holistic dentist who is trained in tmj or FJO and/or a cranial chiro or a chiro trained in kinsieology - they tend to be more trained in this and know more about how to treat it.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
    loudawg
    (male)

loudawg HB User

I get these twitches all over my body but most frequently in the calves. They are definitely more frequent when I'm having a general flare-up - increased tinnitus, muscle tension in jaw / neck / head, dizziness and increased muscle twitching. I think the medical term is fasciculations. The osteopath didn't seem to think that this was out of the ordinary. My new TMJ dentist just said it's a result of the neuromuscular system being out of whack and that we'd begin by getting the jaw corrected and work our way down from there. My previous TMJ dentist said that he had never heard of such a thing being related to TMJ.
    -loudawg

Old 12-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #4
    guenhwyvar
    (female)

guenhwyvar HB User

I also get a heartbeat whooshing sort of sound in my right ear.It the main problem with my tmj thats getting me really down.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
    pipdog
    Inactive
    (male)

pipdog HB Userpipdog HB User

I used to get twitches around my left eye. They stopped when I started to wear my splint but the strange thing is that when I do my neck and shoulder exercises, it triggers off an immediate twitch again around the left eye which is where most of my TMD pain/sorness is located

Closed Thread