It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• How Do You Get your Splint off your teeth?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
    How Do You Get your Splint off your teeth?

I was given a small plastic retainer retreiver that is just about broken. What do you guys use? i can't pry it off with my hands, it's stuck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
    nynavey
    (female)

nynavey HB User
    Re: How Do You Get your Splint off your teeth?

Okay this might be a little late in reply, but my appliance was made with a tiny little spot on the back that I can get my finger under just enough to pop the thing out. It isn't really easy to do by any means, but I'm getting better at it. I don't know what the plastic retainer retriever is, but I'd guess something to also pry it up with? Can you use something like a butter knife to pop the splint up enough to take out?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
    Re: How Do You Get your Splint off your teeth?

Thanks for your reply, it was very timely. There's no plastic sticking out on mine in order to pull it off. I went back to the orthodontist office and got more retainer retreivers to replace the broken one - a small plastic thing with a hook that goes under an edge of the splint and you yank it off.

Closed Thread