It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

Tmj friends i REALLY need you right now, please reply!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
temera2
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Exclamation Tmj friends i REALLY need you right now, please reply!

hey everyone , from now until November 12th will be the most stressful period for me, exams and assignments galore ( i think this time of the year is the most stressful for us all) I'm doing everything in my power to not stress however i was talking to my brother and for some reason the ears always flare up and he says i subconsciously stress! This is freaking me out as i'm NOT stressing but some reason they flare up!

My question is this , my absolute biggest fear is this: to undergo the severe earache i got last year, the bone on bone pain, if i have that severe earache again i don't think i can make it .. i am SO SO frightened and i know you re thinking well don't be frightened it will occur more but the thing is i cant stop , that pain has traumatized me, see this year i get earaches but its not like last year pain but as soon as i get a pain i hold my breathe analyzing if its like last year.. everyone i know says no no its impossible to be like last year as you had no splints then like i no i wear 24/7 splints upper and lower and that automatically lifts the joint so its impossible to be bone on bone???.. so if there was pain it would be muscular and not half as bad .. what do you guys think????

Do you think it will be impossible to occur that bad again since last year???.. the last time i got that was last year November 5th i shudder thinking of how painful it was .. it was like a nightmare i shake talking about it.

Do you think that bone on bone pain will occur or is it impossible as they simply couldnt touch with splints in? I still get clicking now and then, i think the trick is to not play with the jaws whilst it clicks just let it ache and dont play around with it! anyone agree?

but yeah my dentist doesn't want to see me for 2 months ( wants me to be patient .. i've been so patient) and my questions are would that bone on bone pain return , is it possible?? my dentist believes it cant but i don't really take her word as she claimed id be better in 3 weeks into splint therapy and its now 6 months with lower splint therapy and 3.5 months with upper.. but yeah also is there anything i can do in this stressful time for my tmj to be as pain free as possible so i can study in peace? It sucks as i have all my stressed mates around me.. but should i just eat soft.. I've been praying every day that this exam period will go smoothly, i just couldnt bear another episode...

Any advice will be so greatly appreciated! please respond, God Bless you all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #2
temera2
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Exclamation Re: Tmj friends i REALLY need you right now, please reply!

Dearest therese , thanks honey for your reply ! No i didn't get your letter :S

Yes i am in university at the moment, it keeps me busy and i can work to something.. no my pain isn't 24/7 but i feel it does affect me daily the ear pain and jaw ache so i guess its not literally 24/7 but in my mind i think about it that much.

I don't have neuralgia though as my surgoen said my symptoms play up and then relieve so it doesn't fall in that category,its ruled out now, as with your pain do you get bad earaches too..?

What i need to know by you is what is the difference between tmj pain and neuralgia , do you get different symptoms?

Yes that is true, i may need braces after my splint therapy but for the time being I'm just waiting until the discs fall back into place, sometimes you don't need them and instead crowns are the preferred and then just a night time splint.. but are you wanting splint therapy, have you got disc displacement..?? I'm a bit confused with the neuralgia and tmj .. can you go into your symptoms more.. sorry I'm just concerned.. i want you to be well so I'm asking all these questions.. i hope you aren't misdiagnosed.. how did neuralgia come into play and if you don't mind me asking what your age bracket is.. sorry about all the questions.. just want you to get better, we can work together and make action plans..

What are you doing for the time being , are you just in bed ? im thinking of you.. write back to me

Love you

Reply Reply