It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• Can not find an answer, please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
    Deftones86
    (female)

Deftones86 HB User
    Can not find an answer, please help!

For the last 2 years I have been suffering with tmjd but I apparently am not a candidate for surgery. I have to eat the same foods everyday because I can not chew good. With this, I have a lot of facial pain, eye pain, and throat pain. I never ever feel good and at this point I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get better and some doctors think that tmjd is not what's really going on but they can not seem to find an answer for this. It's pretty much called "it". I feel like it's a horrible disease taking over my face. I don't recognize myself in the mirror sometimes and it seems like my face changes shape throughout the day. It definitly looks different than what it did before this all began. After I eat, my cheeks look swollen. Even if I eat soup or ice cream, they still appear swollen and ice is the only thing that can somewhat help reduce it. I'm addicted to vicodin because it is the only thing that can help get me through the day. I'm exhausted and I'm ready to give up because I can not find an answer or treatment as to what could possibly be going on. I have had much blood work done to test different diseases but everything comes back normal so I don't know what to do but I wish I could find an answer and a treatment. Please, if anyone out there can help me or knows what might be going on, then please please please please let me know!
    Thank you,
    ~help me~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
    Jill 227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
    Re: Can not find an answer, please help!

Get an opinion from Dr. Peter Ferro, Ny. Good luck!!!

Closed Thread