It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• Many allternatives to surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-07-2000, 05:39 PM   #1
    Airyn

Airyn HB User
    Many allternatives to surgery

Make sure you check out all other allternatives to surgery before getting this done. This should be a last resort. There are exercises that can help - you can also get a mouth guard (if you can handle it) Read up and get a few opinions before you go for the big step. Also many insurance plans won't cover it so it can get pretty pricey - just thought I'd put in my 2 cents! - Airyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2000, 07:43 PM   #2
    Kim
    (female)

Kim HB User
    Re: Many allternatives to surgery

Airyn, I ditto what you said. I wore a mouth guard that was made at the dentists office. That was over 12 years ago. I don't need one any more. I learned to put my tounge between my teeth during the day and then it just stopped after a few years. At night somethimes I still need to put my tounge between my teeth and then it just stops. My dentist is amased. I'm just happy. Take good care, Kim

Closed Thread