It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

• lower jaw slightly larger than upper jaw. TMJ

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
    Alyssa27
    (female)

Alyssa27 HB User
    lower jaw slightly larger than upper jaw. TMJ

hey u guys. i just joined this website. not too sure how it works, but i'mma give it a try anyway. so.. less than a year ago, my jaw started cracking. just cracking, at random times, a couple times a week. then it became more frequent but it stopped about 5months ago. however, as the cracking stopped, my jaw began clicking on chewing. sometimes it everytime i chew but it only happens twice or once a week. i visited the dentist and he referred me to this orthodontist. the orthodontist told me that my lower jaw is slightly larger than my upper jaw. i didnt believe him at first because only 1 tooth in my upper jaw is in front of the teeth in my lower jaw.. but i have been researching and now i'm just confused. he said that surgery is the best option for me, but that it would require 3-6months away from school. i really cannot afford that at this point in my life. also i live in a small carribean island (that's lovely ) butttt... the surgeries of this type done over here are not done as often as in other parts of the world. maybe like twice a month i think he said.. cant remember too well. an he even told me that results would not be 100% satisfactory. i have developed TMJ because of this and its very painful. please have good news 4 me. HOWEVER, he did say that braces and/followed by splint therapy would help my situation. thank you for ur time i hope some1 can offer me some advice... would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread