It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Tourette Syndrome Message Board

• Tourette's Syndrome and Allergies.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2003, 09:17 PM   #1
    LonghornXP

LonghornXP HB User
    Post Tourette's Syndrome and Allergies.

To start off I have no proof to back this up but my own case. I was diagnosed at the age of 8 with severe Tourette's Syndrome which was in 1989. I had most of the symptoms such as I always repeated what people said as well as saying cuss words for no reason which got me expelled about I don't know I lost count. At that time there were not many people aware of this disorder like there is now. I saw a doctor in Palm Harbor who was Dr. Ronald Lopez and to say the least he had good ideas but did nothing to back them up. He altered my diet to almost nothing as well as lowered my medication. That helped for several years until I reached the age of 16 and 17 years old. At that time my tics became much more severe and in responce changed my diet even more. I finally reached the point where my mother switch companies and she put me on my fathers insurance and he didn't take this new insurance. That was good for us because we almost wanted an excuse to get rid of him. As it ended up my new doctor at the time sent me too an algerist. I have no algeries whatsoever on the non food side. Now on the food side I had seperate food testing while starting on a diet from scratch and moving to different foods as we go for about 3 months without medications. My tics neither lessoned or got worse during those three months. Then I did the same exact thing but with medication while giving this med 2 weeks to get into my system. The results were my tics were reduced with the medication but didn't get any worse nor better with or without the new food. Now with soda pop and such my tics didn't get worse but my OCD and ADHD did get worse. But at that time I was not on meds for ADHD or OCD or was even diagnosed with it so that was to be expected. In other words if you or your child is being treated like this instead of starving yourself or your loved one demand your current doctor to allow allgery testing including food testing. I had a couple of years where things got better doing this but my current doctors said that that was so because I was having so many problems that I thought that was the answer and my mind made it better as opposed to food. This example can go the other way. If you happend to watch the Discovery Health channel they had a show where a person got cancer several times in his life and the most recent time he got it it was fairly bad but he wouldn't die from it at the moment but doctors convinced him that he would die eventually based on the situation. Well you know he did die very suddenly and they did an autopsy and they found of something pretty scary. He didn't have nearly enough cancer to kill him. So its scary to think that a person can die from lets say no hope of living or he convinces his mind theres no hope. Your mind can make you think what you want it to think the most but it has to be what you desire the most in you heart. If you want it bad enough you may get it whether it be death or cure from cancer. Just some food for thought. It seems that maybe our mind and brain allready has the ability to cure anything but we haven't been able to uncap this ability as of yet. Some people have while most don't and we at the moment don't know who to uncap it manually. This makes me believe more and more that TS is not enviremental but still lies in the brain. But on the other hand I could be the exception to the rule.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread