It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Transplants Message Board

• Heart Transplant & Rejection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
    justme927
    (female)

justme927 HB User
    Heart Transplant & Rejection

I had a heart transplant on Nov. 20, 2006 at age 48. In July of 2008 I was diagnosed with cellular rejection (donor rejecting me), antibody rejection (me rejecting donor) and the TVM virus. After 15 days in the ICU I was free of everything except the antibody rejection which I will have for life.

In December of 2008 the cellular rejection was back. I had plasmapheresis in January. It is now June and I am still in rejection. I take Cyclosporin, Prednisone, Rapamune and CellCept for the rejection.

Has anyone else had a heart transplant and dealt with this kind of rejection?

Thanks,
    Fran

Last edited by justme927; 06-15-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
    alana820
    (female)

alana820 HB User
    Re: Heart Transplant & Rejection

hi there I have not had a transplant but my son had one last year , he had 1 rejection since and was treated with extra steroids by a visiting nurse. I am trying to get info on ejection fraction after transplant His went up to 65% right after the transplant and 2 weeks ago he had his 1st annual visit with an echo stress test done now his ef is down to 50%, Has this happened to you , he is so upset at the moment because this is how everything started a few years ago

Closed Thread