It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board

Tn & ms

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
mickchick1962
(female)

mickchick1962 HB User
Tn & ms

I would like to hear from those suffering from TN with MS cause. I have had MS about 15 yrs . First symptom was facial numbness which led to dx of MS. Have had flares of TN throughout the years usually treated with tegretol,. But this last one was a real doozy. Hospitalized 2 days (unable to swallow or speak) Currently on tegretol, dilantin & baclophen. Meds leading to unsteady gait, sleepiness, dizziness etc can't drive or work. Now having some breakthrough pain despite meds and considering balloon compression surgery. Did post on MS board also. Would like to hear of others experiences with TN with MS cause, treatments, etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2016, 04:59 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Tn & ms

A girl I work with has this. My sister had TN but not associated with MS. Since the decompression surgery doesn't work for MS patients with this(my sister had this surgery), my friend had the injection into the nerve. Glycol I believe. Seems to have worked well for her however they only last a couple of years and you have to have it done over.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
mickchick1962 (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
mickchick1962
(female)

mickchick1962 HB User
Re: Tn & ms

Thanks titchou. My neurosurgeon did not mention glycol injection but I believe the surgeries for MS/TN glycol, gamma knife, balloon compression all act in the same way and all only last a certain amount of time and may need to be repeated.Was your friend happy with the glycol procedure?

Reply Reply