It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board

could this be TN

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2016, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
could this be TN

My symptoms began after a 3 hour dental procedure where I had to hold my mouth open very wide for long time. I do have TMJ. I am having what feels like muscle spasms in jaw in front of my ear, then it changes to the feel of electric shock. It also moves to my temple area then back to my teeth & even under my chin. Pain is unbearable. I mentioned it to dentist but he had no comment.

The dental surgery was done 2 months ago. Now I have an abscessed tooth. I can barely open my mouth to eat & to brush my teeth is nearly impossible.

How will I ever manage to open my mouth for a root canal? Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 11-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
mypain2016 HB User
Re: could this be TN

Magnesium may help at a therapeutic dose. Magnesium Glycinate or Magnesium Orotate have good absorbabity and therapeutic doses are anywhere from 600mg to 800 mg. For over two months, I took 400 mg. 3 times a day and the inflammation in my occipital and trigeminal nerve went down. Since it is water soluble, if you take too much, you will simply eliminate it in your bowels and urine. I also used fresh ginger tea to help reduce inflammation everywhere in my body. No wheat, barley, rye, oats, fried foods, oil in a bottle, these are all inflammatory foods as well. Good luck.

Last edited by mypain2016; 11-19-2016 at 08:02 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to mypain2016 For This Useful Post:
sammi2 (11-20-2016)
Reply Reply