HealthBoards (
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (
-   -   Appointment to see Neurologist (

Cindy Marie 11-25-2012 08:17 AM

Appointment to see Neurologist
This is my first ever post. I have been reading several articles for Trigeminal Neuralgia after my Doctor said she was going to make an appointment to see a Neurologist. Yikes I am scared! I started out going to the Dentist because I thought I had a bad tooth. They did X-Rays and couldn't find anything wrong. I told the dentist that I had been having what I thought could be sinus issues maybe that could be it? After a round of antibiotic, the issues are still present. Went to regular doctor and told her my face hurts. It is only on one side (same side as my tooth/gum) issue. The pain is not severe like I have read from other posts. My pain is almost like a aching dull pain. It effects my head, eye, ear, and facial area all on the right side. It even feels a little numb. Does anyone else have the dull, aching, gum issues, ear problems that I have been experiencing? Hope I don't have to wait to long to see a Neurologist.
Thanks for the help! Cindy

sasslass 12-09-2012 09:35 PM

Re: Appointment to see Neurologist
I have been suffering from constant, daily shock-like headaches that radiate down my face and sound drives me insane. This has been going on for 3 months now and in the past 4 weeks have developed a dilated pupil in my left eye (the same side as my TN). I have seen a neuroligist and he wrote me off as a hypochondriac. he told me, 'sweetheart, go home and take an advil and and a pepsi and you will be fine' and that was it. I suffer from this feeling like someone is 'shocking' me with a battery, all over my head, it feels like my brain is on fire and that mice are scratching at it along with so much pressure that it feels like my brain is trying to bust out of my head. It causes pain (of course), dizziness, nausea and then throws me into a panic attack. This is on a daily basis. In the last 4 weeks my left eye has now become dilated and wont react to light at all..its called 'fixed and dilated' and when I google this, it says I am dead. Nice. I hope you have better results with your neurologist and if you do get some answers pls post back..I would rather have something at this point, that I could deal with then not knowing what is going on

Titchou 12-14-2012 04:49 AM

Re: Appointment to see Neurologist
Check with the facial pain association and see if they have an approved neuro in your area. My sister had TN and finally went to the facial pain clinic at the University of Pittsburgh Presbyterian Hospital and had the decompression surgery. It worked great for her. Hope this helps.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 AM.