It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trigeminal Neuralgia Message Board

• Essential Oils

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
    OrrsOrganics
    (female)

OrrsOrganics HB User
    Essential Oils

Hi...Ive read through pages of post and could not find my answer. Has anyone tried Essential Oils to control TN pain?

Ive had TN for almost 2 years after suffering a closed head injury. Ive just recently been diagnosed and prescribed Neurontin. I DO NOT want to take it unless I have too. The side effects of the medication are the exact side effects I suffer from my head injury and I do not want to compound those.

I have read Belladonna has controlled neurologic pain. I have no clue how much to apply, how often, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with oils or homeopathic remedies?

Cheers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
    pabuddy
    (male)

pabuddy HB User
    Re: Essential Oils

Did you try the Belladonna Yet? Does it help for TN?

Old 02-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
    Ravin835
    (female)

Ravin835 HB UserRavin835 HB UserRavin835 HB UserRavin835 HB UserRavin835 HB UserRavin835 HB User
    Re: Essential Oils

Hold on! Belladonna is a poison, atropine, and not to be used internally. It's main action is to dry up secretions, but it affects the nervous system adversely and is too dangerous to mess around with.
    I know TN is a painful condition, but if you would like to try alternative medicine such as aromatherapy, please find a reputable practitioner, perhaps through a school of healing arts.
    Essential oils are too concentrated to put in your body, with only a few excrptions. They are used in dilute form in aromatherapy.

Reply Reply