It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

• Confused about Robitussin and Evening Primrose Oil

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
    Marie M
    (female)

Marie M HB User
    Confused about Robitussin and Evening Primrose Oil

I've heard that it's good to take the robitussin before and durring O, because It cuts back on your amount of cm, makeing it easier for sperm to get to where it needs to go..... but then I've also heard about taking Evening Primrose Oil, because it helps you make MORE cm, which helps keep the sperm alive longer and protects them from the acidity of the vaginal walls..... I'm so confunsed...anybody wanna help here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
    ced771
    (female)

ced771 HB User
    Re: Confused about Robitussin and Evening Primrose Oil

Robitussin actually increases cm and thins it to make it more receptable to the sperm. I believe EPO increases it also.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
    marriot
    Veteran
    (female)

marriot HB User

Here's what I know:
    Both do the same thing, they increase and thin out your CM so that sperm and swim and live longer in there. I am going to try both this month, for thr first time. I'll try anything at this point!

Take 2 teaspoons of robitussin 3 times a day starting several days before your anticipated ovulation through to the first day of your temp shift. But make sure you have the expectorant version as the other kind actually dries up cm.

Evening Primrose Oil helps women to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as "egg white cervical mucus". This type of cervical fluid is fertile, thin, watery, clear and "stretchy" and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don't have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs. If your cervical fluid is thick, brown or dry, it can obstruct or prevent fertilization. Some women are very dry, and have problems in producing an adequate amount of fertile quality cervical fluid. Drinking a lot of water and taking the Evening Primrose Oil can certainly help in the production of fertile cervical fluid in these women.?Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation. This is because Evening Primrose Oil can cause uterine contractions in pregnancy. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Since essential fatty acids are necessary, you can take flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil or EPO after ovulation. This may be taken throughout pregnancy as well.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:29 AM   #4
    Jordyn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jordyn HB User

I am taking both at the moment and boy are they right. This morning I had more ewcm then I've ever seen. My cycles are normally 32 days but after having a m/c in May things have been kinda weird so I started vitex. I am only cd 12 and just started half doses of robitussin on day 10....didn't want to waste it like I did last month starting way too soon. I have been taking evening primrose all cycle. My temp was way down this morning so I guess O is coming....hope is all works out for you!!!

Closed Thread